Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) Predictive Analytics
Thomson Reuters has recently announced the expansion of its Canadian operations with the creation of a new technology centre in downtown Toronto, Ontario. Toronto is home to an emerging ecosystem of world-class technology talent and the new Technology Centre will be the preeminent hub of innovation.
Software Engineer in Test (SDET) Predictive Analytics
Thomson Reuters, The Answer Company, delivers truly world-changing insight based on rich content sources. This is a formidable playing field to apply the most advanced predictive analytics techniques and provide our clients with state of the art products and capabilities such as StarMine Quantitative Analytics.
Working closely with product managers and the Core Analytics Platform teams, you will leverage your technical skills to manipulate big data in the financial domain to recognize data peculiarities. You will be the first to explore new analytics as they are developed by an expert engineering team. You will create permanent systems and procedures so that your knowledge is reusable within the group. You will assess technical specifications in various states of maturity, helping to eliminate development and testing risks. You will look for every opportunity to improve the quality of Thomson Reuters content based on your investigations of our software systems and the data they produce.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Lead the team through quality initiatives and set up a framework and process designed to continually monitor and control how well software meets quality expectations.
- Work with software engineers to identify and develop quality improvements to prevent and resolve software problems.
- Review code to facilitate knowledge sharing of the code base and help improve code design, maintainability and consistency.
- Be an advocate for content quality, consistency and the value it adds to the business.
- Validate software against functional and non-functional specifications created in partnership with team members and product managers.
- Create automated tests to ensure software meets business and performance requirements and software quality standards.
- Help identify short-term and long-term solutions and risk assessments for analytics software.
- May provide technical support to operations or other development teams
- Participate in project planning sessions with team members to analyze development requirements, provide design options, and provide work breakdown and estimates of work.
- Minimum Bachelor Degree in Computer Science / Engineering or equivalent
- Minimum 4 years of experience
- Experience enforcing quality in automated continuous depoloyment pipelines
- Experience setting up monitors and metrics to evaluate and continuously improve distributed applications.
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong working knowledge of Java and Python
- Strong problem solving, algorithmic thinking and coding skills
- Strong interest in Big Data technologies
- Ability to work in highly agile team environment
- Self-driven, goal-oriented team player with good communication skills
- Experience creating automated tests for complex distributed, multi-tier systems
- In-depth knowledge of Big Data and cloud technologies a strong plus
- Experience in working with financial data a plus
- Experience with SQL a plus
Thomson Reuters is the leading source of intelligent information for the world's businesses and professionals. We combine industry expertise with innovative technology to deliver critical information to leading decision makers in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, intellectual property and science and media markets, powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Madlyn works with business leaders at Thomson Reuters to ensure all employees are engaged and operating as efficiently as possible in their respective positions.
Back to top