Software Development Engineer
We are seeking a Software Development Engineer to join our North American Wealth Management team to maintain and provide support for Mainframe development System Change Management tool (Serena ChangeMan) and other Developer tools within the BETA Host tool. The ideal candidate will have expertise with Microfocus ChangeMan in an administrator role, including configuration and development. He or she should be proficient in customizing ChangeMan panels and skeletons, and version upgrades. He or she should also have a minimum of 3 years experience developing and supporting mainframe applications such as: lnfo/X, Platinum tools, FTP, Connect Direct(NDM), File Aid/File Manager, Dump Master/File Analyzer, Zeke, Job Scan/Pro JCL, IBM Rational Application Developer for ZMF, or other equivalent tools.
The Software Development Engineer will:
- Work on assigned projects and occasionally lead development teams for complex projects
- Develop technical specifications from architectural design and make modifications to existing software in accordance with these specifications
- Perform analysis and customization of software tools to meet changing business requirements; modify the region infrastructure to accommodate software tool usage requirements
- Develop software utilizing COBOL, REXX, DB2, JCL, JAVA, .NET and other languages to accomplish automation of repetitive business processes and to enforce system standards and security
- Create supporting documentation as defined in the Software Development Lifecycle
- Provide guidance and mentoring to other team members within areas of expertise; review work of peers and more junior developers
- Provide on-call support for enterprise applications as required to meet established Service Level Objectives
- Serena ChangeMan knowledge a must
- Proficient in REXX, ISPF Services
- Knowledgeable in development concepts and Standard Development Lifecycle (SDLC), application development software tools, and software design concepts
- Good understanding of mainframe hardware and software concepts including Change Control/Version Control software
- Proficient in the use of the Microsoft Office software suite
- Working Knowledge of TSO/ISPF
- Proficient in COBOL, JCL, and DB2 data constructs
- JAVA and/or .NET is a plus
- Good communication and organization skills, works well in a team environment
- Ability to manage multiple tasks/projects
- Understanding of relational database principles
- Good at deductive reasoning
The Financial and Risk Business of Thomson Reuters is now Refinitiv. Refinitiv equips the financial community with access to an open platform that uncovers opportunity and catalyzes change. With a dynamic combination of data, insights, technology, and news from Reuters, our customers can access solutions for every challenge, including a breadth of applications, tools, and content-all supported by human expertise. At Refinitiv, we facilitate the connections that propel people and organizations to find new possibilities to move forward.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. Therefore we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world-regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Refinitiv is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
Brookfield-Wisconsin-United States of America
Back to top