Software Developer in Test
We are seeking a Software Developer in Test to assist with writing new software, modifying to existing software, and integrating software applications and modules in accordance with agreed upon specifications, created in partnership with others.
Day to day responsibilities include:
- Create and execute unit testing and integration testing, ensuring software meets requirements
- Contribute to the creation of design; may lead the design of less complex components
- Provide technical support to operations or other development teams
- Create, review, and maintain all required technical documentation/manual related to assigned software to ensure supportability and reuse
- Review work of peers and more junior developers
- Provide wider feedback into performance
- Assist in identification and implementation of short-term and long-term solution options, including risk assessments
- Assist with improvements to prevent problems, including problem resolution workflow
- Participate in remediation solutions
- Participate in project planning sessions with team members to analyze development requirements, provide design options, and provide work breakdown and estimates of work
- Provide work breakdown and estimates for small software development tasks
- Provide timely status updates for areas of individual responsibilities within projects to supervisor
- Actively participate in team and status meetings
- Demonstrate software as requested
- Develop software using disciplined software development processes, adhering to team/company standards and software best practice guidelines, and corporate policies
- Work independently within some parameters, with limited technical and management guidance, taking ownership of problems within own area of knowledge
- Accountable for the quality of work, delivered within agreed procedures and timeframes and focused on internal and/or external customer needs
- Understand the short term and long-term impact of decisions within immediate scope
- Review and approve decisions of junior engineers as appropriate
- Provide input into assessment and training/mentoring of junior team members, where applicable
- May lead small technical team
- May provide training for technical staff
- Regularly communicate and share knowledge, including upward communication of work status e.g. to project managers
- Work as part of a team, completing varied work assignments and may collaborate with or assist others in their work as required
- May communicate with customers and business stakeholders to exchange information, understand requirements, and solve problems
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
- Fully competent in one or more programming languages, software engineering methodologies, software development tools
- Experience of unit testing, code management tools and design tools
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Good problem solving capabilities
- Requires working knowledge of business application and software code base
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Madlyn works with business leaders at Thomson Reuters to ensure all employees are engaged and operating as efficiently as possible in their respective positions.
Back to top