We are the leading source of intelligent information for the world's businesses and professionals, providing customers with competitive advantage. Intelligent information is a unique synthesis of human intelligence, industry expertise and innovative technology that provides decision-makers with the knowledge to act, enabling them to make better decisions faster. We deliver this must-have insight to the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting and media markets, powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
Business Unit: Reuters
Position Title: Software Developer
Requisition No: JREQ086184
Role Summary and Responsibilities:
The successful candidate will form part of the Reuters News Agency TV headend development team.
They will be responsible for designing and developing code to work within the Agency delivery systems including the WNE TV systems. This infrastructure comprises a number of systems, predominantly written in Java hosted both on-premise and in the Cloud.
The candidate will also be involved with the installation, configuration and maintenance of 3rd Party software systems and the day-to-day monitoring and maintenance of the Testbed and Production systems.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Practical software development experience
- Working knowledge of document store, search/analytics engines and NoSQL technologies e.g. (DynamoDB, ElasticSearch etc)
- Working knowledge of structured data formats i.e. JSON, XML etc
- Proven back-end development experience (on-premise infrastructure or cloud) using any of the following:
- Ability to methodically troubleshoot/investigate problems in a timely manner
- Ability to learn on the job
- Good communications skills, both written and verbal
- Good team-working skills
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Cloud development experience (AWS preferred)
- Spring framework
- RDBMS technologies (Oracle or MySQL)
- Knowledge of cloud computing concepts
- Experience of installing/replacing PC or Server components
- Experience of working with virtualised environments: any of the following:
- Virtual machines / instances
- Experience with / knowledge of any of the following:
- Clojure, Groovy, Scala, Docker, Jenkins, Puppet
- Working within teams using Agile methodology
- Working knowledge of Linux/Unix & Windows Server operating systems
- Experience of system configuration management tools
- Production of network diagrams / flow diagrams using tools such as Microsoft Visio
Reuters, the news and media division of Thomson Reuters, is the world's largest independent multimedia news provider, reaching more than one billion people every day. Over 2,500 journalists in nearly 200 locations around the globe deliver unparalleled international and national news coverage in 16 languages with speed, impartiality and insight to professionals via Thomson Reuters desktops, the world's media organizations and directly to consumers on Reuters.com. Reuters stays true to the letter and spirit of the Thomson Reuters Trust Principles, ensuring independence, integrity and freedom from bias.
NB: Flexible working options will be considered as part of this application. E.g. Job shares
If you believe you can bring something special to this role, we want to hear from you. You may have a non-traditional career path, education or background. If you meet the minimum qualifications for the role, let us know in a cover letter with your application. Reuters depends on diversity of thought and you could be just what we need.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit careers.thomsonreuters.com.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top