We are the leading source of intelligent information for the world's businesses and professionals, providing customers with competitive advantage. Intelligent information is a unique synthesis of human intelligence, industry expertise and innovative technology that provides decision-makers with the knowledge to act, enabling them to make better decisions faster. We deliver this must-have insight to the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting and media markets, powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
Business Unit: Legal UKI
Our Legal organisation focuses on connecting our customers' businesses to the ever-changing legal and regulatory environment. We provide critical online and print information, decision support tools, software and services to lawyers who practice in law firms, in corporate legal departments and in the public sector. We are a growing business in the UK, especially since the acquisition of Practical Law Company in March 2013 and we are very excited about the next stage in our growth and how you can play a part in it.
Position Title: Software Engineer (.Net)
Position Type: Permanent
Role Purpose/ Summary:
Contract Express is a leading document automation workflow solution for law firms and corporations and was acquired by Thomson Reuters in 2015. The successful candidate will be joining a team of very strong and talented software developers that are using the latest and greatest .Net technologies to develop new capabilities and solutions related to the automation of legal drafting tasks and workflows. The team is looking for a .Net Software Engineer to join us and help us in fulfilling our goals.
Major Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- Developing new software and making modifications to existing software through collaboration with a team of product managers, architects, business analysts and software testers.
- Developing software using disciplined software development process, adhering to team standard and best practice guidelines.
- Integrating the software with other technology solutions and supporting third-party technology solutions that require to integrate with Contract Express.
- Contributing to the design of new features and components.
- Creating and executing unit test.
- Participating in project planning sessions with team members to analyse development requirements, provide design options, and provide work breakdown and estimates of work.
- Providing timely status updates in daily scrums and actively updating software development lifecycle tools with progress on tasks and development items
- Creating, reviewing and maintaining required technical documentation related to newly developed features and capabilities.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Proven experience as a .Net Web Developer, with knowledge of:
- C# and MVC Design Patters
- SQL Server and Entity Framework
- Effective communicator with excellent written and oral skills
- Results orientated and ability to deliver to schedule
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Experience with Visual Studio Team Services a plus
- Experience within the legal or other relevant industry.
Education / Qualifications:
- BSc Degree in Computer Science
NB: Flexible working options will be considered as part of this application. E.g. Job shares
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 60,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit careers.thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Madlyn works with business leaders at Thomson Reuters to ensure all employees are engaged and operating as efficiently as possible in their respective positions.
Back to top