Software API Engineer
You should have experience building and supporting enterprise web applications in a continuous delivery model. This position will be a mix of roughly 70% customer interaction, support/troubleshooting and 30% actual development. You will be a part of the Org ID team which brings financial institutions and the clients (Asset Managers, Hedge Funds, Corporations, and Correspondent Banks) together by enabling provision of Know Your Customer (KYC) requirements in one easy, managed service environment. The service provides real-time "KYC passport" for the clients of financial institutions that are required to supply corporate identity documentation in response to increasingly strict anti-money laundering regulations.
- You provide support to customers, field application engineers, partners and integrators in the resolution of issues
- You own and maintain API and SDK documentation.
- You assist with development of SDK sample code in various languages
- Generate and document support content, FAQs, knowledge base articles, file and track bug reports, feature requests, etc.
- Interface directly with various engineering organizations (QA, Software Development, Hardware) in tracking and fixing reported issues
- Identifies and creates solutions to improve system performance and availability. Facilitates root cause analysis of system issues to minimize impact and future occurrences.
- You have experience with object oriented programming in Java
- Experience building backend RESTful web services with Java
- SQL/Oracle databases
- Understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues
- Experience using agile methodologies
Nice to have
- Strong micro services architecture experience
- Experience with containerization environments and deployments (Docker)
- Strong background with automated testing and TDD concepts
- GitHub portfolio
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Req #: JREQ087098
Job Function: Technology Development
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top