Social Media Producer FTC 12 months
We are the leading source of intelligent information for the world's businesses and professionals, providing customers with competitive advantage. Intelligent information is a unique synthesis of human intelligence, industry expertise and innovative technology that provides decision-makers with the knowledge to act, enabling them to make better decisions faster. We deliver this must-have insight to the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting and media markets, powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
Organisation: Thomson Reuters Foundation
Position: Social Media Producer FTC 12 months
At the Thomson Reuters Foundation we stand for free, independent journalism, human rights, women's empowerment, and the rule of law. We play a leading role in the fight against human trafficking and expose corruption worldwide. We use the skills, values, and expertise of Thomson Reuters to run programmes that trigger real change and empower people around the world. We tackle global issues. We achieve lasting impact.
With over 90 staff members around the world, including 45 editorial staff, and offices in 12 locations across the Americas, Africa, Asia and Europe, the Foundation is a point of reference in the corporate philanthropic world and a respected source of humanitarian news. Some of our high-profile initiatives include:
Under-reported stories - our growing team of journalists covers the stories other media don't cover with an emphasis on humanitarian crises, women's rights, trafficking and slavery, the human impact of climate change and property rights.
Trust Conference - an influential international conference to take action by putting the rule of law behind women's rights and tackle human trafficking and slavery.
TrustLaw is the world's leading service providing free legal assistance to NGOs and social enterprise. The network boasts 4,000 members, including 3,300 NGOs and social enterprises and 700 law firms and corporate legal teams.
Media development - for the past 30 years we have been training journalists and media professional, improving the standards of journalism around the world.
We are seeking a dynamic, creative, motivated social media producer with excellent English, strong news judgment, and experience in building social media followings to promote the work by the Foundation's editorial team and strengthen our brand by building a distinctive social media presence. You will be based in London and work with the Thomson Reuters Foundation's award-winning global news team to produce and curate content for our social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram and look to build audiences on WhatsApp and Snapchat.
You will know exactly what our audience wants on social media. Your passion for humanitarian news and stories that can have real impact needs to stand out. If you are excited about working for an international news organisation that has extraordinary reach and you want to have impact, this could be the job for you. The position requires a proven track record in producing and managing social media content and a desire to make a real difference on humanitarian issues.
- Produce content for and post to the Thomson Reuters Foundation's social media platforms, including live-tweeting, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter
- Find innovative ways to present and distribute Foundation stories via social media for maximum impact and on new platforms
- Search for and pitch trending topics to our reporting team and social
- Evaluate social media analytics and monitor social media trends to promote innovation and spark discussion
- Plan ahead for events and create exciting social media content to build and engage followers
- Help promote the stories we produce among policymakers, NGOS, other key players and engage with all audiences
- Build editorial staff capacity in preparation for the new social media strategy through training and advice
- Work closely with the Foundation's communications team to strengthen our news brand on social media
- Train and advice team on how to effectively disseminate stories on social media and engage audiences
- Other duties as assigned
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Extensive social media experience in a newsroom, including a proven track record of building followers and engagement
- Ability to write and curate engaging social media copy with fast turn-around time
- Strong writer in English, able to meet deadlines and work under well pressure and write posts suitable for the Foundation
- Familiar with widely used social media platforms and third party monitoring and reporting tools, image and video editing programmes
- Good knowledge of current affairs and humanitarian issues
- Strong interpersonal skills and story-telling ability
- Legal right to work in the UK
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Languages are an advantage
- University degree
This position is based in London. The salary is negotiable according to qualifications. The deadline for applications is Aug 25. To apply, send your CV and cover letter describing how you meet the specifications. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted with interviews held in September for an immediate start.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, colour, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit careers.thomsonreuters.com.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Madlyn works with business leaders at Thomson Reuters to ensure all employees are engaged and operating as efficiently as possible in their respective positions.
Back to top