Social Media Editor, Japan
Social media editor works in Japan's consumer editorial team in Tokyo, plays an important role in growing the community of Reuters Japanese-language news across social platforms. The candidate must consistently identify the right content for social audience, post them in a smart, sharp and accurate manner. He/she must also create compelling contents for our target audience by translating English multimedia news, videos and graphics into Japanese, and publishing to the Website.
The successful candidate must work closely with global social media team to come up with effective social technologies. The candidate will also work closely with consumer business team in Tokyo in driving strategies for audience development including content partnerships using social platforms. In this highly collaborative role, the candidate will work cross-functionally with product, sales and business teams.
- Grow audience, traffic and engagement across key social platforms, with smart, sharp, and accurate social posts. .
- Develop expertise on Reuters' social landscape and implement strategies to differentiate from our competitors, in deep collaboration with Reuters.com's global social team.
- Manage daily production and distribution of highly-shareable Japanese-language multimedia contents largely by translating English multimedia news contents including news, videos and graphics.
- Promote breaking news via social posts, periodically assists live events social coverage.
- Oversight of daily posting and engagement across social channels
- Manage the re-writing of headlines and/or stories as well as the editing of content for consumer audience, as necessary.
Required Skills and Experience
- At least 3 years of experience in journalism, with strong writing capabilities and good understanding of the business world and financial news.
- Must have strong news judgment and the ability to translate multimedia news contents (English to Japanese), edit and write accurately under time pressure.
- Previous experience or demonstrated strong interest in social media writing.
- Knowledge of how to create social assets (videos, GIFs, images) and of visual content creation, photo and video editing skills a big plus.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Software Engineer, Centre of Cognitive Computing
Lisa works with other engineers to develop products that are powered by artificial intelligence and capable of machine learning. She also conducts research to identify new uses for existing company data.
Back to top