SOC Analyst - 3rd Shift
The Security Operations Team's mission is to preserve the confidentiality, integrity and availability of our assets by identifying operational and security risks; and collaborating with business, functional, and customer stakeholders to develop plans that manage risk to acceptable levels. We are currently seeking a SOC Analyst- 3rd Shift to join our team.
Major Areas of Accountability
- Monitor for and investigate suspicious or malicious activity and alerts
- Review Change Management requests for security relevance and impact
- Ongoing review of SIEM dashboards, system, application logs, and custom monitoring tools
- Basic Malware and Threat analysis
- Basic Incident Response, Investigation and Escalation
- Availability for rotating on-call shift
- Bachelor's degree or 1+ years of related field experience
- Professional certifications including SANS GIAC, Security+, CEH a plus
- Microsoft, Linux, Networking, or related certifications a plus.
- 1+ years work experience in Information Technology
- 1+ years experience in information security incident response and operations management preferred
- 1+ years of OS, application, and network security weaknesses, vulnerabilities, and remediation
- Experience researching, analyzing, and resolving complex problems with minimal supervision
- Experience reading and understanding system data, including, but not limited to, security event logs, system logs, and firewall logs
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Experience managing multiple projects, deadlines, and resources
- Experience working as a member of a geographically diverse team preferred
- Familiarity with scripting languages and data analysis tools
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
Occasional travel may be required (Quarterly meetings/Incident Response) up to 5% of the time.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Eagan-Minnesota-United States of America
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Software Engineer, Centre of Cognitive Computing
Lisa works with other engineers to develop products that are powered by artificial intelligence and capable of machine learning. She also conducts research to identify new uses for existing company data.
Back to top