Site Reliability Engineer
We are seeking a Site Reliability Engineer to support Thomson Reuters Transactions Platforms. The successful candidate will have a strong background in System Engineering or Application Support with an emphasis on automation and troubleshooting complex systems. You will work directly with all groups across the organization including Development, Product, and Client Support to help deliver world-class service.
- General Support & Operation of the Transactions Platform
- Automate repetitive tasks
- Proactively identify and mitigate risks to the service
- Participate in problem analysis meetings to resolve service disruption
- Follow established methods for both development and maintenance work
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
- 5 years supporting mission critical applications
- Excellent debugging and problem solving skills across a wide variety of technologies
- Proven ability to quickly and independently learn new technologies
- Strong communications skills with a demonstrable ability to interact and influence at all levels within the organization
- Demonstrable experience of managing, owning and delivering high quality projects to objectives and within time scales
- Work experience within the financial sector is preferred but not required
- Experience with at least two of the following scripting languages: Python, Ruby, BASH, PowerShell
- Experience with automation technologies such as Rundeck, Puppet, Ansible
- Linux & Windows Engineering
- Strong knowledge of Java and JVM
- Experience with monitoring systems such as Nagios, Ganglia
- Experience with log analysis tools/frameworks such as Splunk or ELK Stack
Experience with the following is a plus:
- Financial sector and E-commerce experience, especially if gained from another trading platform
- Knowledge of the FIX protocol
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top