Site Reliability Engineer
Thomson Reuters is the Answer Company™. We provide authoritative content, advanced technologies and human expertise to help our customers find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
The Corporates Legal group is looking to add a Site Reliability Engineer to the Operations team at our new Technology Centre in Toronto, Ontario, conveniently located within walking distance of Union Station. Our plan is to create around 1,500 technology and operations jobs in the coming years.
The purpose of this role is to leverage tooling and automation to build and maintain operational workflows that help increase site reliability and overall performance.
Legal Tracker is an industry leading corporate legal solution with focus in matter management, e-billing and analytics. As a SaaS offering, this product caters to over 1300 corporate legal departments in North America to streamline operations, control spend and get complete visibility into the legal landscape.
- Drive to automate and take ownership of cloud based infrastructure
- Bridge integrations with development and operations teams
- Design and manage infrastructure-as-code
- Participate in on-call support rotation
- Monitor and help troubleshoot customer support tickets and requests
- Maintain technical competency through self-guided study, and regular training
- Automate common or complex tasks via scripting
- Contribute to overall success of Operations by performing all other essential duties as assigned
- Identify new technologies and alternative approaches to enhance security, reliability, performance and customer experience
- Supported 24/7 multi-tenant systems, preferably for a SaaS application
- Involved with support of a complex architecture
- 3+ years in Infrastructure Development and Operations roles
- Technology Stack: Microsoft Products (.NET, SQL Server, Azure), Kubernetes
- Experience automating software build, deployment and server configuration management using tools such as Puppet, Chef and Jenkins
- Experience in Windows System administration, database (relational and NoSQL), web servers (Apache, IIS), networking and storage technologies
- Strong scripting (Python, PowerShell) skills with a mindset of automating routine repeatable tasks
- Experience with Cloud technologies and Azure platform
- Experience with monitoring, and alerting tools (Datadog, SolarWinds, Azure Monitor)
- Motivated self-starter, reliable, dedicated, with scheduling flexibility
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Security-minded and strong customer service orientation
- Ability to work with users at varying levels of technical expertise
- Must be able to apply experience, logic, and imagination to make sense of situations that arise and develop solutions that solve problems.
- Must have the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other IT staff, business stakeholders, and vendors.
- Proficient written and verbal communications skills.
- Must be well organized and have good attention to detail
Minimum Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or related field
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 25,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
We also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Back to top