We are the leading source of intelligent information for the world's businesses and professionals, providing customers with competitive advantage. Intelligent information is a unique synthesis of human intelligence, industry expertise and innovative technology that provides decision-makers with the knowledge to act, enabling them to make better decisions faster. We deliver this must-have insight to the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting and media markets, powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
Thomson Reuters is looking for a few highly skilled cyber security specialists to help staff a new location in the central business district of downtown Richmond. This new facility will be home to a number of critical cyber security disciplines, designed to improve the overall security posture of Thomson Reuters – including its assets, data and operations. Be part of an exciting, fast-paced environment that will help Thomson Reuters strengthen its position as the trusted "Answer Company" in the market.
The IT Security Operations Center's mission is to preserve the confidentiality, integrity and availability of our assets by identifying operational and security risks; and collaborating with business, functional, and customer stakeholders to develop plans that manage risk to acceptable levels. We are currently seeking an SIEM Engineer to join our team.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate a thorough understanding of device and server logging, and the collection of those events for alerting and analysis purposes. You will create and automate searches across large datasets and correlate those events to identify suspicious behaviors, misconfigurations, and malware on corporate networks.
Major Areas of Accountability
- Responsible for monitoring and stability of SIEM platform
- Respond to SIEM platform server issues and high priority incidents
- Remediate ongoing and new SIEM Application defects / process failures
- Facilitation of SIEM Change Requests (upgrades, break fixes etc.)
- Onboard new application and platform logs via syslog, endpoint agents, and APIs
- Create and maintain documentation to support SIEM platform
- Bachelor's degree preferred or 2 years of related field experience
- 3 years work experience in Information Technology
- 1 years of IT Security experience
- 1 years supporting Linux and Windows based platforms
- Experience researching, analyzing, and resolving complex problems with minimal supervision
- General scripting proficiency (i.e. BASH, Python, Perl, etc.)
- Solid understanding of network transport protocols and services (TCP/IP, Syslog, ODBC, SFTP, SSH, PKI, etc.)
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Experience managing multiple projects, deadlines, and resources
- Experience working as a member of a geographically diverse team
- Microsoft, Linux, Networking, or Security certifications a plus.
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
Occasional travel may be required (Quarterly meetings/Incident Response) up to 10% of the time.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top