As an Indirect Tax Services Associate you will be provided with exciting opportunities to interface with customers while supporting global businesses. Through this experience you will gain a greater understanding and appreciation for how businesses are being ran in today's markets.
Within this program we offer extensive training, mentoring, and guidance to start you on the path to a successful career in consulting at Thomson Reuters. You will be trained in best practices, methodologies, and gain the technical and functional skills required to participate in enterprise software projects. These projects include providing ONESOURCE Indirect Tax enterprise software, content and services to our customers. You will also be exposed to the Thomson Reuters Tax & Accounting ONESOURCE platform and other products and services provided by ONESOURCE.
An indirect tax (such as sales tax, use tax, per unit tax, value added tax (VAT), or goods and services tax (GST)) is a tax collected by an intermediary (such as a retail store) from the person who bears the ultimate economic burden of the tax (such as the consumer). We automate each step of the indirect tax process to improve the bottom line, save time, and improve compliance.
Summary of Position:
The Services Associate will work closely with ONESOURCE Indirect Tax Project Managers to implement ONESOURCE Indirect Tax Determination and Compliance tax software at client sites in Global Implementations. This position is part of the ONESOURCE Corporate Consulting group. We deliver enterprise Tax & Accounting software that provides critical information and software solutions to companies of all sizes. The Services Associate program is geared towards individuals interested in an opportunity to develop a career in consulting while learning from fellow consultants, project managers, subject matter experts and companies from a variety of industries.
- Interact with client tax and technology professionals.
- Assist in business and tax requirements sessions and formulate into design/solution documentation.
- Engage with other key teams within Thomson Reuters as appropriate to deliver end to end Indirect Tax solutions
- Prepare and execute test scripts and test cases
- Assist Project team to ensure all Indirect tax related requirements are met
- Explain ONESOURCE Determination related issues/problems and solutions to Tax & technical staff
- Work with clients to translate their tax policy into ONESOURCE Solutions
- Configure ONESOURCE Indirect Tax Determination Engine
- Completes tasks with limited supervision
- Performs technical or functional roles on small to medium projects led by a Sr. Implementation Consultant, or Project Manager.
- Must have excellent interpersonal and written communication skills
- Must be able to work effectively in a team environment
- Proficient in working with computers and standard business software like Microsoft Office
- Ability to work on multiple projects concurrently
- Creative problem solving skills
- Ability to work in a diverse work environment
- 1 - 2 years relative work experience
- Exposure to Indirect Tax, Compliance and/or Tax Return processes
- Experience with process analysis, design & mapping
- Experience Implementing Enterprise Software
- Experience creating and executing test cases and test scripts
- Up to 20% travel is expected
- Higher Education Degree or Diploma - Finance, Accounting or Computer Science preferred
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 25,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Carrollton-Texas-United States of America
Back to top