Senior Writer, Property Law
Practical Law is a time-saving legal guidance and know-how solution, empowering law firms and legal departments to act with confidence through the practical guides, precedents, and legal updates . The innovative work environment spans both the legal and technology industries, and offers genuine work life balance within a supportive culture. You will be part of a high calibre team comprised of ex-top tier and in-house lawyers with substantial practicing experience.
We currently have a part time, 4 day a week role for a Senior Lawyer Writer, Property to use your practical expertise gained as a senior property lawyer to plan, write and develop premium quality content resources for this leading knowledge platform.
In this highly collaborative role, you will work closely with the other writing teams and specialists from other disciplines, such as IT, business development or marketing and also with our lawyers in other jurisdictions.
Reporting to the Head of Commercial Real Estate, Practical Law, you will have the following key responsibilities:
- Plan, research, write, draft, edit and maintain premium quality know-how resources including practice notes, standard documents, checklists and drafting notes
- Support internal peer review processes to ensure content is legally correct, kept continuously updated and maintained to reflect all relevant legal developments and reflect current market practice
- Keep up-to-date with the law and monitor legal, practice and market developments
- Maintain relationships with the market to ensure the highest standards of content relevancy and currency
- Assist in the development and publication of commissioned content authored by commercial lawyers in private practice and in-house legal teams
- Engaging with clients and participating in sales meetings, demonstrating know-how resources to potential subscribers
To be successful in this role you will need to have the following skills and experience:
- Admitted to practice as a lawyer in Australia, with minimum of 5 years PQE gained at a top-tier or highly regarded mid-tier firm, or in an in house corporate counsel role.
- Experience in real property law, ideally with broad experience across a wide range of commercial property advisory and transactional areas, covering acquisitions and disposals, leasing (commercial, industrial and retail), property development, titling work, property due diligence, FIRB, and property law advisory.
- An interest and passion for writing, technology and commercial legal practices
- Superior research skills and legal reasoning abilities, and familiarity with legal technology platforms.
- Superior drafting skills, excellent command of grammar and style, and the ability to write clearly and concisely on complex legal issues
- Good understanding of the current and evolving needs and priorities of law firms, in-house counsel and the Australian legal markets
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 25,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Pyrmont-New South Wales-Australia
Back to top