Senior Web Data Analyst (Eagan-MN, Stamford-CT or NYC)
The Data Analyst will be responsible for overseeing analytics strategy and execution for the Enterprise Messaging team and the properties they manage, with an emphasis on tracking and reporting on the flow into conversions across the broader Thomson Reuters digital landscape. The Enterprise Messaging team managed properties include the global corporate website, global corporate blog, enterprise intranet, corporate social channels and some satellite properties in support of enterprise communications. The Web Data Analyst must be a strategic thinker to maintain and update measurement strategy across multiple channels that sit within a broader network of sites and channels that are continually evolving. The Analyst must be able to implement Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager instances for new sites to be launched and make changes for existing sites to be updated. Experience with Adobe Analytics and Digital Tag Manager will also be beneficial to this role.
The Data Analyst will foster collaboration with key stakeholders and partners across the organization and understand the role of Enterprise Messaging properties within the broader landscape to produce actionable measurements and insights and to drive strategy. This role will work closely with the Director of Marketing Performance & Analytics within the Global Brand Marketing team to identify strategies and infrastructure for measuring against key enterprise goals. The successful candidate will have strong communication skills and be able to present data and insights in a clear and concise manner to the decision makers who are charged with acting on those insights. The further ability to advise and instruct colleagues on generating meaningful reports from the analytics will is highly valued.
The Data Analyst will work on the User Experience team within Enterprise Messaging. The Data Analyst will need to learn the Thomson Reuters business quickly to perform analysis and provide actionable insights into user experience and corporate communication measurement initiatives. These include advanced clickstream, user behavior, user segment, acquisition channels, and goal conversions analysis. The Data Analyst will be responsible for utilizing tools such as Google Data Studio or Google Analytics API to gather and aggregate multiple data sources to create custom reports for various stakeholders.
The Data Analyst is an individual who has a deep affection for and understanding of the Internet and its many actors –Google, W3C, social channels, Jive and all of the users and administrators in between.
Establish & maintain clear, insightful reporting on the key performance metrics across all Enterprise Messaging properties. Analyze and draw actionable insights from the data to optimize our designs, information architecture, and content.
- Manage and inform the analytics infrastructure that serves granular and roll-up reporting across the web platforms that serve the internal communications and external channels owned and supported by the Enterprise Messaging team.
- Conduct interviews with key stakeholders to identify and clearly define the goals of their content and relevant KPIs to measure against
- Establish efficiencies in reporting templates that enable you to quickly provide on-the-fly stats and reports as needed.
- Work closely with the content, design, and technical teams to identify tagging approach for accurate and meaningful analytics..
- Assist Enterprise Messaging teams with insight requests as required.
- Communicate to key stakeholders action items based on in-depth analysis and research.
- Identify business critical functions to measure, track, and segment in order to improve user retention and engagement.
- Provide timely CRM data to inform content teams in the creation of new content targeted to specific opportunities and audiences.
- Provide guidance and documentation to stakeholders that use our platforms on using our data and analytics infrastructure to draw actionable insights from the data
- Maintain measurement framework and data collection strategy based on business objectives and focus to help drive sales
- Execute Google Analytics 360 implementation and configuration using Google Tag Manager
- Ensure accurate data collection. Monitor data quality at an ongoing basis and make regular enhancements as necessary
- Administer company's Google Analytics 360 account: Assist colleagues with GA implementation/usage inquiries. Connect colleagues with GA 360 resources when applicable
- Analyze user behavior and conversion paths data to identify opportunities for improvements in user experience
- Create custom dashboard and reports reflecting thoughtful analysis and recommendations
- Manage the operational implementation and integration of multiple data sets and data assets as well as advise and consult on procuring new assets as they become available or a need is identified
- Consult with business stakeholders in order to support their measurement and reporting needs
- Collaborate with development team to implement any custom tracking
- Drive measurement strategy for content marketing
- Maintain and manage rollup reporting for platform
- Perform ad-hoc reporting as required
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
Knowledge & Skills Required:
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Proficiency with Google Analytics Suite, particularly Google Analytics 360, Google Tag Manager, Google Data Studio.
- Experience performing analysis with large datasets and delivering recommendations
- Ability to create dashboards and reports in an automated fashion
- Ability to excel in autonomous environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Deep interest in data and analysis as key method in determining success of business outcomes
- Working knowledge of BigQuery or other big data tools
- Ability to articulate business and technical requirements to development team
- Ability to articulate key findings and insights to non-technical audience
- Working knowledge of major digital marketing channels for campaign tagging and reporting purposes
- Willingness to keep abreast of latest digital analytics best practices
- Strong interpersonal communication skills to operate in a global operation across business units and external partners
- Strong attention to detail
- Experience with Adobe Analytics, Dynamic Tag Manager, Adobe Target
- Experience running A/B and multivariate testing
- Experience with SQL and database management systems
- Experience with data visualization tools such as Tableau
- Experience with search analytics (SEO)
- Experience with reporting out of Eloqua, Salesforce, and email marketing solutions
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Madlyn works with business leaders at Thomson Reuters to ensure all employees are engaged and operating as efficiently as possible in their respective positions.
Back to top