Senior UX Engineer
Designs, architects and evaluates company products that provide elegant solutions for end users. Provides product usability, evaluation and support to product development teams, including the analysis and investigation of applications/systems, graphics, web, multimedia, voice response and conversational user interfaces. May focus and grow specialization while increasing skills across all other specialty areas (e.g., information architecture, visual design, interaction design, and usability research).
- Write and modify software with meaningful unit and integration tests.
- Continuously learn, devise innovative solutions and develop software using industry and company best practices.
- Create and maintain technical documentation.
- Participate in outreach sessions with the core development teams to share knowledge and provide project updates.
- Participate in iteration planning sessions to understand customer requirements, provide design options, and provide work breakdown and estimates.
- Collaborate with team members, architects, and business owners to ensure software is built to our customer's needs.
- Own and produce quality work in a timely manner.
- Escalate issues or risks at iteration level.
- Provides code reviews.
- Provides risk assessments and recommendations to business and technology leadership.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Skills
- BA/BS in relevant field, related field or equivalent industry training / experience.
- 5+ years overall experience in the field of front end development (or education equivalent).
- Must be motivated; a self-starter, results oriented individual with a successful track record.
- HTML5 & CSS3
- CSS Pre-processors such as Sass, LESS and Stylus
- AWS, UNIX/Shell, Jenkins
- Must have a keen eye for design and be visually detail oriented.
- Strong knowledge of web standards and accessibility (W3C and s508), interaction design and user-centered design principles.
- Strong sense of web design and attuned to the fundamentals of user experience, including accessibility.
- Strong knowledge with most current programming languages, software engineering methodologies, and software development tools including but not limited to:
- Strong knowledge of cross-browser issues and compatibilities.
- Experience with basic NodeJS tools such as npm, bower, GruntJS.
- Experience with at least one of the major version control systems (Git, Mercurial, Subversion, TFS).
- Understanding of security best practices for web development.
Other Preferred Skills
- Experience with writing HTML5 & CSS3 for accessibility following WCAG 2.0 guidelines
- Experience with RESTful services
- Experience with .NET dev stack (Windows, VS, TFS, C#)
- Adaptability to a variety of design and development environments, operating systems and tools (OSX/Linux, Windows, .NET)
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Eagan-Minnesota-United States of America
Back to top