Senior User Experience Researcher
Thomson Reuters is looking for a passionate researcher to join our cross-discipline user experience team working on our global tax, accounting and financial portfolio.
- Works with user experience designers and product owners to develop strategic roadmaps and identify end user needs.
- Works with internal and external customers (Marketing, Service Technology, end-users and domain experts) to analyze user and business needs.
- Identifies the appropriate user experience research methods/activities for each project, and is responsible planning, implementing and communicating the results of these studies to the project teams.
- Leads usability tests (both moderated and unmoderated), card sorts, surveys, focus groups, interviews, task analysis, field and crowd sourcing user research.
- Works collaboratively with user experience team members, development teams, product teams, users, and other stakeholders as part of an agile software development process.
- Leverage user experience research and analysis techniques to evaluate product requirements, user interface designs, and product modules or functional areas.
- Analytics tagging within code.
- Interprets results, and data to identify UX issues and suggest recommendations in a timely and easily consumable format.
- Participate in the development of schedules by providing estimates regarding individual research tasks. Assist management in project tracking by providing regular, comprehensive status reports and/or project plans.
- Masters preferred in a field such as Cognitive Psychology, Human-Computer Interaction, Human Factors, Engineering Psychology, Computer Science, Technical Communication, or Information Design
- 5+ years of UX research experience or 10+ years of experience in lieu of degree.
- Experience working on enterprise software solutions and/or complex business solutions.
- Experience conducting research throughout an Agile development process.
- Ability to work independently, manage multiple concurrent projects and deliver high quality work on time.
- Ability to scope research projects and determine appropriate methods.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with all stakeholders, customers and team members.
- Strong planning and time management skills.
- Experience using research tools such as UserZoom.
- Accessibility research knowledge a bonus.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 25,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Ann Arbor-Michigan-United States of America;Carrollton-Texas-United States of America
Back to top