Senior UI Developer
- Test Angular apps using Jasmine, Protractor, Grunt/Gulp and Karma
- Help mentor and train other Front End software engineers in the team
- Assist in architecture, development, and unit testing
- Ensure the technical feasibility and provide estimates of UI/UX designs
- Promote development best practices
- Work in an agile, collaborative culture
- Participate with business team members using Agile techniques and practices to identify requirements, acceptance criteria and designs
- Develop software that operates within a highly scalable, distributed multi-tiered system
- Strong affinity for software craftsmanship and a mindset toward Test Driven Development
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science (or related field)
- Strong understanding of RESTful Web APIs and JSON
- Experience with code quality tools like JSLint or JSHint
- Experience with package managers npm and bower
- Knowledge of the SOLID Principles
- Prior experience on high volume websites
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both oral and written)
- Collaborative problem solving skills
- Self-motivated and proactive
- Experience with Google Analytics a plus
- Experience writing RESTful back-end services a plus
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top