Senior Technology Business Analyst
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
Enterprise Business Systems
Enterprise Business Systems (EBS) owns the strategy, delivery and support of internal business platforms. These span the Thomson Reuters organization, providing capabilities to the following business functions: Marketing, Selling, Fulfillment, Billing & Collections, Service, Support & Finance, plus Business Intelligence. EBS works closely with executive stakeholders to define and execute a global EBS plan. We are focused on maximizing efficiencies through standardization and work to harmonize processes, culture and information to support business objectives.
The EBS Business Analyst plays a vital role bridging business and technology, by possessing a strong understanding of both domains. They engage with stakeholders to understand strategy, desired needs, outcomes and eliciting detailed requirements. They combine this TO-BE position with knowledge of AS-IS business environments, processes, target architectural and technology capability. Using their skill and judgment, tools, techniques and standards, they recommend solution options to meet the business goal.
As a key member of the Digital Customer Program, you will play a pivotal role evolving solutions for this high profile initiative to transform the Thomson Reuters Digital experience. Your role will be to take responsibility and/or potentially lead an agile work stream, proactively grooming backlog requirements, preparing user journeys and use cases, liaising with the product owner daily and advocating agile methods across various stakeholder groups.
You will have experience of previous digital or automation initiatives, integrating different Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) or Customer Relationship Management (CRM) platforms, operating in an agile delivery methodology.
- Define solutions, considering all viable options. Challenge thinking and test benefits, in order to identify the best solutions for the organisation.
- Groom backlogs, preparing user journeys and use cases, act as an advocate of the Product Owner or Stakeholders, through agile project structure.
- Engage heavily with the User Experience (UX) teams to collaborate on Customer Journey mapping and high level requirements (that feed through to the backlog).
- Part of daily SCRUM team meetings and driving requirements through to being in a 'Ready' state, based on criteria agreed within the project team.
- Builds a trusted relationship with technical teams, becoming an advocate for impact to their domain, understanding delivery road maps and identifying dependencies between initiatives
- Maintain awareness of team and company culture, act responsibly, ethically and operate with diversity in all actions
- Assists testing teams in the translation of requirements into test cases and ensures application architecture and systems functionality meets business requirements
- Develop and maintain an awareness of all enabling technologies supported by EBS
Scope and Impact
- Key member of an agile project team.
- Exercises judgment in executing within defined procedures and practices.
- Operates with little instruction on day-to-day complex work with some technical or managerial guidance.
- Identifies and participates in implementing changes to existing processes to improve delivery of BA services and procedures.
- Degree in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent experience
- Excellent communication, presentation and customer engagement skills
- Experience specific technologies such as Salesforce, SAP or BI related technologies
- Certification in Business Analysis, by a recognizable institution, such as IIBA preferred
- Core competency in business analysis, through experience in multiple, large-scale projects, or formal training
- Strong understanding and proven experience working in an agile domain
- Experience in complex analysis of processes, requirements and tools
- Experience facilitating workshops and interviews, eliciting requirements from senior stakeholders, subject matter experts or users
- Experience working on a large scale programs or projects implementing technology
- Focusing on Customers
- Collaborating across Boundaries
- Driving Results
- Championing Innovation
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top