Senior Technical Consultant - Solutions Engineer
Technology Consultants are subject matter experts for a specific implementation of the GoldTier product called Org ID. They often serve as the main point of contact for our clients (an internal group of various business unit owners and business analysts), guiding them in designing and implementing solutions to complex business problems. Using Agile methodology, we are constantly rapidly growing the product offering, and improving the capabilities of the core platform. Technology Business Analysts are exposed to the full software development life-cycle, but focused more on requirement gathering, design, and support. In this role you'll be focusing on the technical development of the system.
Key responsibilities include:
- Analyzing complex business objectives and requirements to design and implement solutions using tried and true best practices
- Documenting solutions in a logical format that is easy to understand by both technical and non-technical individuals
- Developing and testing new features, configuration changes, data-manipulation scripts, and reporting capabilities
- Providing extraordinary post-implementation support (including troubleshooting, maintenance and training)
- Engineering, Computer Science, or Information Technology background
- Detail oriented, Self-motivated, Highly Accountable, Organized
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Fast Learner
- Travel requirements vary by client and project but typically less than 10%
Experiences with the following technologies are a plus:
- Relational databases and SQL
- Object Oriented Programming
- XML/JSON based Web Services
- Web Application Infrastructure
Education: BA/BS in related field or equivalent work experience
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Req #: JREQ086957
Job Function: Technology Development
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top