Senior Technical Consultant (REMOTE)
Elite is looking to hire a Senior Technical Consultant to help provide full-time, billable services related to the deployment of Thomson Reuters Elite's applications to their customers. This position reports directly to the Manager of Technical Services and is within the Technical Services Group responsible for implementing the Thomson Reuters Elite Financial suite of products. This candidate should have a minimal of 5 - 7 years of working experience guiding and supporting customer's infrastructure components such as servers, networking, databases, and storage.
Elite is a leading developer of integrated information solutions for professional services firms worldwide. Elite is part of Thomson Reuters and is a premier provider of financial and practice management systems to the legal industry and to other professional services markets, including accounting, marketing services, and management and IT consulting.
Elite develops proven software solutions and delivers expert professional services that help customers enhance their core business competencies and sharpen their strategic focus. Headquartered in Los Angeles, Elite maintains offices in Albuquerque, Auckland, Boston, Calgary, Hong Kong, London, Minneapolis, New York, Philadelphia, Singapore and Sydney. More than 60% of the AmLaw 100 and Global 100 law firms and nearly 30% of the top CPA firms rely on Elite solutions to manage their business.
Reporting directly to the Senior Manager Technical Services based in North America, the Technical Consultants are responsible for the installation and deployment of Elite applications for customers. Additionally, the Technical Consultant should be and responsible for:
- Installing Elite's applications.
- Comfortable with both IT and business conversations.
- Comfortable Explaining basic to advanced IT solutions helping to address existing issues and planned architectures.
- Able to conceptualize ideas informally one day, and present ideas more formally the next.
- Present application system requirements to clients and consult with them to reach a final system recommendation dependent on the client's projected user base and other criteria based on Elite's policies.
- Creative, problem solver who likes collaborating with others.
- Able to interact with customers on a daily basis.
- Able to build relationships and influence a broad spectrum of stakeholders toward achieving their mission and goals.
- Able to build consensus and ensure understanding of a proposed architecture by both customer and technical decision makers.
- Act as an advisor and consult with customers on the latest trends, principles, practices, and/or technologies and their use in driving business outcomes.
- Drive, implement and manage the clients' technology architecture.
- Define, analyze, and review systems requirements
- Collaborate with systems engineers and hardware engineers in planning design and development of systems to ensure software and hardware performance and compatibility.
- Conduct and analyze system-level configuration checks.
- Migrating Thomson Reuters Elite applications to new servers, usually in the context of an application upgrade, operating system upgrade, or database management system upgrade.
- Conducting system administration training related to Thomson Reuters Elite applications.
Qualifications, Experience, Knowledge and Skills
- Bachelor's Degree in Management Information Systems or another relevant major in computers or information technology .
- Minimum of 5 years' experience with a software consulting company working with multiple clients.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience installing, administering, and supporting IT environments.
- Clear, concise, and friendly communication
- Consistent follow-through and persistence in resolving problems
- Equal comfort working alone for extended periods and with others
- Comfort working remotely and onsite with clients
- Excellent organization and time management
- Tolerance for both repetitive tasks and for tasks that may not be well defined
- Ability to travel 1 - 3 times per year with unpredictable timing
- Advanced experience installing and administering Windows and SQL Server.
- Ability to learn new software and technologies as required.
- Able to consistently meet deadlines within project scope.
- This position can be remote
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 25,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Eagan-Minnesota-United States of America;Chicago-Illinois-United States of America;Atlanta-Georgia-United States of America;Carrollton-Texas-United States of America
Back to top