Senior Technical Consultant
YOU AND YOUR TEAM:
You will join a team of 15 highly motivated colleagues based in Poland, Switzerland, UK, US, Singapore, Hong Kong and Australia. This is a team that delivers with integrity in collaborative way. That is proactive, conscientious and is committed to deliver excellent service and to always improve.
You will accompany our customer's compliance officers, IT teams and project managers during the planning and implementation of the Thomson Reuters Risk products.
In addition to working closely with your direct colleagues you will be working with the sales team, development, product management and customer support.
WHY IS THIS JOB IMPORTANT?
Our products are implemented to help our customers monitor their business relations to identify if there is risk for example of terrorist funding, money laundering or financial crime. If your work can prevent just one case of human trafficking, then it is certainly a job worth doing.
The clients you work with will rely on you to help them with best in class experience during implementation, which means you must excel in technical knowledge, planning skills and communication skills.
To see more details about the requirements please check the full job description on our internal careers website.
SOME OF DAILY TASKS YOU WILL PERFORM:
- Assist clients that are developing applications using the World-Check One API during the development phase
- Liaise with clients and internally to designs the implementation or upgrade of complex of Screening Deployed and Transaction Monitoring systems for assigned clients, including project plans, documentation and estimation of effort.
- Execute on the implementation of the project plan including advising clients on data requirements and data mapping, preparing, installing, configuring, unit testing, the system.
- Deliver comprehensive training to the clients and supporting them during UAT and the move to production.
- Works proactively and autonomously to investigate and resolve issues during planning, implementation and post go-live.
- Document solutions and sharing your knowledge with your colleagues
- Raise any issues or client concerns to the appropriate channel, your manager, the product manager or other.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO BRING?
- Robust technical experience backed up with deep understanding of deployment and support of business applications in a Client-Server, relational database, LAN-based environment.
- Excellent, well-developed interpersonal, client-facing skills; written and oral
- Experience of providing client training and presentations
- Ability to elicit and document client business and technical requirements
- Experience of technical implementations, creating project plans, managing client and internal team expectations, ability to operate independently and autonomously and ensuring on-time delivery, with appropriate escalations where necessary
- Demonstrable technical problem solving skills of complex issues, and follow-through actions including documenting and sharing solutions
- Evidence of collaborative working within a globally distributed Professional Services or technical implementations team
- Willingness to travel internationally (up to 20%)
- Technical implementation experience within a regulated or financial services sector
- Broad experience and understanding of data privacy and data security
YOU WILL BE EVEN MORE COMPETITIVE IF:
- Working with Financial Institutions in the KYC space and broad understanding of financial crime, AML and / or Transaction Monitoring
- Technical competency with Groovy scripting, XML, Java, J2EE, process management, and / or workflow
- Experience of financial systems and techniques in corporate and retail banking
- Experience in system modelling; for example clustered databases and hub /satellite implementation systems
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Software Engineer, Centre of Cognitive Computing
Lisa works with other engineers to develop products that are powered by artificial intelligence and capable of machine learning. She also conducts research to identify new uses for existing company data.
Back to top