Senior Tax Preparation Tester (Contract, Remote Position)
- Carrollton, TX
We are looking for experienced tax preparation professionals to join our development team. As a Tax Preparation Tester with Thomson Reuters, you will make an immediate impact on how our clients accomplish their work. You will be testing and comparing data input and outputs from our gold standard desk top product to our next generation of native cloud-based software. You will participate in the testing of our Onvio Tax product line using in-house development testing tools. In this role, you will analyze form instructions, and prepare test scenarios, including electronic files from various entities and our internal sources to contribute to providing the most reliable and intuitive tax software in the industry.
Located in Ann Arbor, Michigan, Thomson Reuters offers an alternative career path for experienced Tax Professionals. As a Tax Preparation Tester, you will utilize your tax knowledge and experience in a unique, flexible work environment - where the focus is on accomplishing goals rather than just completing tasks. If you like to have control over your daily work and contribute as a part of a team, then this opportunity may be for you.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or equivalent experience
- Four or more years of recent income tax preparation experience
- Extensive working knowledge of complex tax reporting requirements, including tax research
- Strong communication and computer skills
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Enrolled Agent (EA)
- Four or more years of individual, partnership and/or S Corporation, or C Corporation, estates and trusts tax preparation experience
- Experience with electronic filing of tax returns
- State, city, and local income tax preparation
- Multi-state tax preparation experience
- Foreign tax entity preparation
- Knowledgeable about more complex tax scenarios such as at risk, passive losses, basis calculations, etc.
- Knowledge and understanding of recent tax law changes
- Analyze tax forms and related laws to ensure our software is kept current
- Write and/or communicate program defect specifications for software engineers
- Test software products for correct calculations and flow throughout returns
- Provide feedback on the tax software for ease of use and clarity of program capabilities
- Other responsibilities as needed such as help with user documentation
Do you want to be part of a team helping re-invent the way knowledge professionals work? How about a team that works every day to create a more transparent, just and inclusive future? At Thomson Reuters, we've been doing just that for almost 160 years. Our industry-leading products and services include highly specialized information-enabled software and tools for legal, tax, accounting and compliance professionals combined with the world's most global news services - Reuters. We help these professionals do their jobs better, creating more time for them to focus on the things that matter most: advising, advocating, negotiating, governing and informing.
We are powered by the talents of 25,000 employees across more than 75 countries, where everyone has a chance to contribute and grow professionally in flexible work environments that celebrate diversity and inclusion. At a time when objectivity, accuracy, fairness and transparency are under attack, we consider it our duty to pursue them. Sound exciting? Join us and help shape the industries that move society forward.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
We also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Austin-Texas-United States of America;Little Rock-Arkansas-United States of America;Oklahoma City-Oklahoma-United States of America;Tulsa-Oklahoma-United States of America
Back to top