Senior Tax Analyst Oil and Gas Content Research
Monitor and update multiple tax data systems covering sales/use tax, business occupation tax and other special indirect taxes for U.S. jurisdictions related to upstream, midstream and downstream oil and gas sectors. Responsible for updating data systems including rates, product rules and tax calculation accuracy. Review and analyze test cases for tax scenarios.
Job Responsibilities & Duties
- Research, monitor, analyse indirect tax legislation/regulations and assess
impact for any changes to ONESOURCE products.
- Gather and validate tax forms, rates and rules relevant to applicable indirect
taxes and prepare supporting documentation for ONESOURCE products
- Prepare all necessary documentation supporting any changes to
ONESOURCE and archive them per standard internal procedures.
- Review and sign-off documents prepared by tax analysts.
- Communicate and correspond with state and local tax authorities while
fostering and maintaining professional relationships with them.
- Provide recommendations on a wide variety of oil and gas indirect tax issues
and communicate such recommendations in an understandable manner to no
- tax professionals.
- Participate in strategic initiatives for tax research operations, including:
- Extending the product coverage or enhancing functionality.
- Identifying new features and tax content that will benefit customers.
- Identifying trends and current issues that impact ONESOURCE products.
- Respond to all client queries on time and in line with service level agreements.
- Conduct presentations on areas of tax content responsibility?
- Provide leadership, mentoring and professional guidance to junior members of
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
Education and Work Experience
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, accounting, finance, taxation or
related field or equivalent experience.
- Expertise in compliance processes related to indirect taxes and practical
experience with preparation and filing of tax returns (ideally garnered from an
accountancy firm or in-house environment).
- Strong understanding of oil and gas indirect tax principles and knowledge of
indirect tax legislation in the United States.
- Experience with tax research software highly beneficial.
- Professional accounting or tax qualification is considered a great asset.
Special skills and knowledge requirements
- Very strong attention to detail and capable of handling multiple tasks.
- Ability to work independently and proactively seek opportunities to develop
- Intermediate to advance software skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Disciplined to consistently meet rigid and recurring deadlines
- People management experience and leadership skills beneficial.
- Must remain current with up-to-date sales/use, business occupation, motor fuel
fees/tax laws, policies, interpretations and trends in the oil and gas industry.
- Assist with in-depth tax research related to current and/or future oil and gas
- Develop expertise as a subject matter expert (SME) for the Determination data
entry processs, product rules and tax calculations.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top