Senior Tax Analyst - EMEA Indirect Tax Compliance
WE ARE LOOKING FOR A NEW COLLEAGUE:
Senior Tax Analyst – EMEA Indirect Tax Compliance
YOU AND YOUR TEAM
The Tax & Accounting business of Thomson Reuters is the leading provider of technology and information solutions, as well as integrated tax compliance software and services to accounting, tax and corporate finance professionals in accounting firms, corporations, law firms and government. Headquartered in New York, Tax & Accounting has major operations in Ann Arbor, Dallas, Hyderabad, London, Sydney, and Toronto.
WHY IS THIS JOB IMPORTANT?
The main purpose of the Senior Tax Analyst role is to research and monitor tax legislation in the assigned countries and propose changes to ONESOURCE products in line with those changes, as well as to implement any required changes in the software and test if they are producing the expected tax result.
SOME OF DAILY TASKS YOU WILL PERFORM:
- Research, monitor and analyse indirect tax legislation and regulations and assess impact on those changes on ONESOURCE products.
- Gather the forms, rates and rules relevant for indirect taxes and prepare supporting documentation as well as archive them in line with internal procedures.
- Communicate and correspond with local tax authorities and maintain good relationships with them.
- Provide recommendations on a wide variety of indirect tax issues and communicate them in an understandable manner to non-tax professionals.
- Participate in strategic initiatives for tax research and development operations, including
- Extending the product coverage or enhancing functionality.
- Identifying new features and tax content that will benefit customers.
- Identifying trends and current issues that impact ONESOURCE products.
- Respond to all client queries on time and in line with service level agreements.
- Update and make modifications to existing ONESOURCE tax content in accordance with written specifications.
- Help design and build new tax functionality into the product, for example expanding into other industries and specialist areas of indirect tax.
- Provide ONESOURCE technical support to the wider development team, implementation team and clients help desk.
YOU RECEIVE (PROFESSIONAL):
Casual and diverse office environment where colleagues come from over 30 countries
Flexibility and home-office opportunities
Two additional days off for voluntary jobs
Access to Thomson Reuters products with real-time economic data
Wellbeing scheme including private healthcare, pension, Multisport card and more
High standards of ethics in the workplace
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO BRING?
- Strong research skills, experience with tax databases highly beneficial.
- Very strong attention to detail and ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Ability to work independently and proactively seeking for opportunities to develop further.
- Strong team-work skills as well as ability to delegate work where necessary.
- Advance software skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to consistently meet rigid and recurring deadlines.
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, accounting, finance, taxation or related field or numerical disciplines (Science, Engineering, Mathematics).
- Expertise in compliance processes related to indirect taxes and practical experience with preparation and filing of tax returns (ideally gathered in a Big 4 or other accounting firm or in-house environment).
- Strong understanding of EU VAT principles and knowledge of indirect tax legislation in one or more countries in the EMEA region.
- Experience with tax technology and tax compliance processes highly beneficial.
- Proficiency in English is required, knowledge of other languages highly desirable.
- Professional accounting or tax qualification is considered a great asset.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top