Senior Systems Engineer
Thomson Reuters provides knowledge to act: we deliver information quickly and efficiently so professionals can make decisions that matter. We combine industry expertise with innovative technology to deliver critical information to leading decision makers in the financial, legal, tax and accounting, scientific, healthcare and media markets, powered by the world's most trusted news organization. We aim to provide every one of our employees with a positive working environment, continued professional development and a commitment to work-life balance and equal opportunities. We are also part of a vast network of global career opportunities and actively encourage development of staff in the business.
AMS Bangalore is a part of Platform group operations team and provides support for various applications and services that come under the umbrella of Novus suite. This team performs 3 critical support functions namely application management, incident management and change/release management. For application management function, it interfaces with application teams to ensure processes are in place to support the application, works on application configuration, facilitate creation of monitoring solution. AMS provides incident management by being primary contact for problem notifications, coordination, tracking and reporting. It utilizes diagnostic and debugging tools. It also aids in identifying problem areas within application and utilize post mortem process wherever applicable. AMS provides release management by performing feature and maintenance releases for QA, Client and prod environments, does deployment checkouts, coordinates platform specific patches and upgrades.
This position will allow you the opportunity to expand your technical skills while networking with professionals in Data Center operations, technology development and project management teams.
The ideal candidate will be:
- Keen to learn complex architectures and come up to speed quickly.
- A self learner, self-driven and able to operate with minimal supervision.
- Able to demonstrate ownership on accountabilities.
- Able to successfully communicate with business partners, management and technical team members.
- Proactive in raising problems and identifying solutions.
- Strong sense of customer service.
- Able to work in a highly collaborative team setting and Devops environment.
- Perform change management functions involving software deployment and server maintenance requests.
- Coordinate and plan changes with other technology teams involving servers within our environment.
- Respond and mitigate incidents as they occur within the environment.
- Contribute details to post incident review process.
- Communicate and escalate customer impacting issues according to department guidelines.
- Represent operations in a technical fashion to leadership and development teams.
- Lead projects and engagements that evolve the stability, scalability, and supportability of the Novus Services environment.
- Partner with development and other operations team to continue evolving our monitoring and operational procedures for the Novus Services architecture.
- Be a customer advocate ensuring service requests are completed and assigned with the appropriate priority within the operations teams.
- Update support documentation as needed as environment changes occur.
- College degree or technical certification.
- Minimum of 5 to 8 years of experience in an enterprise level operation support role and Devops..
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong collaboration skills.
- Desire to work in a fast-paced, agile based environment.
- Familiarity of ITIL Change and Incident management processes.
- Familiarity with software development and QA practices (e.g. Agile)
- Familiarity of database and networking concepts.
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top