Senior Strategy Analyst
Westlaw is the world's preferred online legal research service. The Westlaw Strategy team is charged with analyzing the business' commercial practices, performance trends, and competitive landscape to create, shape, and implement strategies designed to maximize profitability and ensure the continued success of this $1B business. Members of the Westlaw Strategy team apply their strengths in fact-based and analytical problem-solving, critical and strategic thinking, and business acumen to shape Westlaw's long-term strategic direction.
Successful candidates for this highly-visible role will work closely with product, marketing, finance and sales partners to formulate and implement strategies aligned with business objectives.
- Conduct complex, data-driven analyses and market research to execute strategic Westlaw projects. Example projects include:
- Analyzing recent trends to identify key performance drivers and recommend commercial policy improvements
- Conducting market research and leveraging insights to help inform product investment decisions and craft Westlaw product and/or commercial strategies
- Developing new analyses to monitor business performance and profitability
- Identifying opportunities to enhance salesforce effectiveness
- Identifying product bundling and pricing opportunities to drive revenue
- Analyzing product usage and customer data to identify product cross-sell and up-sell opportunities
- Developing business cases for product investment, process improvement and business growth initiatives
- Support Global Head of Westlaw Product Management by providing data and insights needed to ensure the health of the business, empower real-time decision making, and inform the broader Global Legal Product strategy
- Develop and maintain knowledge of our products, customers, and market/industry trends.
- Help identify and proliferate best practices regarding Westlaw strategies and commercial policies
In order to be successful in attaining these objectives, you will:
- Be Receptive to Change. Demonstrate an openness and willingness to change behavior in response to new insights and situations, and be an Agile Learner. Demonstrate the ability to rapidly learn new knowledge and acquire new skills.
- Be Tenacious and Results Oriented by displaying resiliency in the face of adversity and always acting with the end goal and business objective in mind.
- Work with a focus on Partnership by building and maintain positive and productive working relationships with internal and external customers.
- Be Proactive. Always anticipating and preventing future problems, taking charge to bring about needed change, and taking initiative within your scope of responsibility.
- Prioritize. Self-direct your own activities and work through goal setting, time management and planning. Know what needs to be done first and act accordingly.
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
Education and Work Experience:
- Bachelors degree required; in a quantitative discipline preferred; MBA preferred
- 4 years of relevant experience required; business strategy experience preferred
- Experience owning and delivering concurrent, time-sensitive analytical projects required
Knowledge and Skills:
- Excellent financial and business acumen
- Ability to perform complex, data-driven analyses to support/disprove business hypothesis
- Ability to think critically and strategically to find creative solutions to problems
- Ability to effectively communicate complex issues, particularly in a group setting
- Ability to effectively handle and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously in a quickly changing environment
- Strong collaborator who has the ability to build effective working relationships with colleagues and partner organizations and influence individuals to action to achieve positive results
- Strong written and oral communications skills; able to converse with many levels of the organization
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to travel periodically as necessary
- Knowledge of the legal industry and needs of practicing attorneys is a plus
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Madlyn works with business leaders at Thomson Reuters to ensure all employees are engaged and operating as efficiently as possible in their respective positions.
Back to top