Senior Sourcing Manager - Technology Services Sourcing
This role sits within the Thomson Reuters Global Sourcing organization, which reports into the Executive Vice President of Operations, providing services to corporate function and our Legal, Tax & Accounting and Reuters News businesses. Global Sourcing operates under the following key categories:
Technology Services and Resources (under which this role will reside) Technology (covering IT hardware, licensed software and communications spend) Innovation and Professional Services Contingent Labor and Recruitment Facilities and Real Estate Travel Shared and Regional Services
The Technology Services and Resource category provides timely and effective procurement services to the global stakeholders and includes leadership of the following global procurement sub-categories:
- Technology and Resources:
- Services associated with the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Application development (inc. software development, business analysis, and architecture)
- Application maintenance services
- QA / testing
- Strategic outsourcing / Business Process Outsourcing
- Installation and maintenance of Customer Premise Equipment (field services)
The primary purpose of this role is to provide senior procurement support to stakeholders in the technology services / strategic outsourcing and BPO categories. You will be expected to build senior relationships, understanding in detail their business objectives and how 3rd parties are currently, or could be, deployed. You will be responsible for building and developing your own pipeline of projects to assist the Company in exceeding its savings targets. In addition to developing and building a project pipeline, you will also be responsible for executing and running the process for complex procurement projects, particularly outsourcing deals. You will be expected to demonstrate experiences in these areas at interview.
You will be working in a global team of procurement professionals, with presence in the USA (New York, NY, Stamford, CT and Eagan, MN), Costa Rica (San Jose), Brazil (Sao Paolo), Argentina (Buenos Aires), Singapore and India (Bangalore).
- Analyse and report on spend to identify, build sponsorship for and pursue new savings opportunities
- Be proactive on all matters
- Have the desire and ability to "challenge the status quo" constructively and in partnership with stakeholders
- Partners with stakeholders to be their Procurement Account Manager, reviews 3rd party spend and agree appropriate projects (and delivers those projects). Knows their supply base inside out.
- Expert knowledge and experience on Request For Solution (RFS) sourcing process
- Expert knowledge of outsourcing cost models and how to present bid summaries back to senior stakeholders
- Work with development groups to implement KPIs and reporting
- Be a team player within the global Procurement team
- Ensure priorities are handled effectively by modifying plans and actions in your own area of accountability, escalate early to manager. Will not miss deadlines.
- Develop and manage a project against a plan and objectives to ensure commitments are met by monitoring, assessing, and resolving variances in budget, timing or quality of work
- Able to support, educate and mentor other team members
- Able to work without supervision
- Disciplined to manage and complete required admin tasks (such as project reporting and timely updates to procurement systems such as Ariba)
- Excellent communicator (Essential)
- Excellent influencing skills (Essential)
- Excellent negotiation ability (Essential)
- Strong project management skills (Essential)
- Excellent Excel (inc. pivot table) and PowerPoint skills (Essential)
- Able to mark-up contracts from Thomson Reuters templates and to agreed fall back language, knowledge of GDPR legislation (Desired)
- Fieldglass SOW, and Ariba experience is beneficial (Desired)
The candidate will have at least three to five years' experience in a complex, high pressure environment, identifying and leading complex sourcing projects with multiple stakeholders. The ideal candidate may be managing or previously managed key technology services supplier relationships.
- Bachelor's degree required. CIPS certification preferred, but not essential.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 25,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Eagan-Minnesota-United States of America
Back to top