Senior Software Engineer - UI
We are the leading source of intelligent information for the world's businesses and professionals, providing customers with competitive advantage. Intelligent information is a unique synthesis of human intelligence, industry expertise and innovative technology that provides decision-makers with the knowledge to act, enabling them to make better decisions faster. We deliver this must-have insight to the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting and media markets, powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
THOMSON REUTERS: FINANCE AND RISK
Finance & Risk is a division within Thomson Reuters, and we are the Risk development team with an exciting start-up mentality. Risk was created in response to the issues raised during the 2008 financial crisis. Thomson Reuters Risk and the brand new application frameworks we are developing, hold our many different software solutions such as: anti-money laundering, legislative searching and work-flow collaboration. We are continuously increasing our market share through acquisitions and active development. You will be joining a team of like-minded technologists who are beginning to develop leading IT systems from the ground up using bleeding edge technology.
DEPARTMENT: Finance & Risk
POSITION REPORTS TO: Development Manager
POSITION SUPERVISES: No Supervisory Responsibilities
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Designing and implementing user-facing features
- Developing high quality code
- Build the libraries and frameworks that support large, complex web applications within Risk Technology
- Work as part of an Agile Scrum team on multiple challenging development problems. As a member of a Scrum team, developers will be expected to participate in development planning exercises, pair programming, refinements and manage their own task load.
- Write client-side code for web-based applications, create fast, easy-to-use, high volume production applications, and develop prototypes quickly.
- Deliver clean, maintainable code we can be confident in using approaches such as Test Driven Development (TDD) and Behaviour Driven Development (BDD)
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Solid knowledge of Agile software development practices
- Great communication skills
- A willingness and an ability to share best practice and improve processes
- An understanding of the intricacies and insanities of cross-browser development.
- Working knowledge and experience with a distributed version control system (we use Git/GitHub Enterprise)
- HTML5 / CSS3
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience with the DOJO toolkit, NodeJS
- Continuous Delivery
- Experience working in a Scrum team
- Experience working in a Unix environment (we all use shiny Macs!)
- Knowledge of practices such as BDD and TDD
- BA/BS in related field or commensurate work experience
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, colour, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit careers.thomsonreuters.com.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Madlyn works with business leaders at Thomson Reuters to ensure all employees are engaged and operating as efficiently as possible in their respective positions.
Back to top