Senior Software Engineer - .Net/Web Applications
Senior Software Engineer AppServer
Thomson Reuters has recently announced the expansion of its Canadian operations with the creation of a new technology centre in downtown Toronto, Ontario. Toronto is home to an emerging ecosystem of world-class technology talent and the new Technology Centre will be the preeminent hub of innovation.
AppServer is a suite of self-service tools and infrastructure allowing Eikon development teams to develop HTML apps and Web Services. It allows rapid deployment, rapid release targeting, and support several languages C#, NodeJS, Java, shared Databases. It provides monitoring tools, automated staged releases workflows, approvals checking, and audit for Dev Ops.
- This role is based in Toronto and reports into the AppServer Manager .
- Purpose is to contribute to Eikon AppServer development and migrate it to the cloud.
- The core part is built in cross platform C# and is handling millions of requests, it manages requests, load balancing, and various pools of Apps and Web Services. An AppServer instance is currently deployed on the 4 TR datacenters. Your team own the monitoring, statistics and deployment UI.
- In additions of the continuous improvements. Your team will be in charge of moving existing apps and services infrastructure to AWS.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT AREN'T LIMITED TO:
- Estimates, Design, Develop and Deliver in agile way features, and infrastructures changes
- Maintain existing systems, monitor proactively and suggest changes necessaries to ensure good customer services.
- Interact with product/team to demo and clarify requirements
- Ensure good practices such as automated unit tests, integrations tests
- Accountable for quality of deliveries
- Collaborate with other Eikon development teams to deliver Eikon workflows that sometimes span across the full framework team.
- Help the overall Eikon team to move to lightweight desktop framework based on Electron.
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
- Bachelor Degree or higher in Computer Science
- 3 years of experience working with a combination of the following: C# Web Services development, .Net Http stack, WCF.
- Maintenance of widely used Applications and Web Services.
- Scalability and performance oriented experience
- Experience in front end HTML UI using JQuery or Angular or React preferred
Candidate will be competent in the following areas:
- Good C# skills, asynchronous Tasks, multi thread,
- Good knowledge of WebServices development such as NodeJS, C# Web Services, SQL database, REDIS.
- Good focus on systems performances
- Automation, Unit Tests, Integration tests, agile practices.
- Good communication skills, ability to work remotely with product business (New York, London), with other team members and others development teams (Belarus, Paris, Bangkok).
- Demonstrate multitasking skills in a fast-paced environment.
- Innovative and looking to industry standards and trends.
- Ability to self-motivate and hold enthusiasm to see tasks through to completion.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Madlyn works with business leaders at Thomson Reuters to ensure all employees are engaged and operating as efficiently as possible in their respective positions.
Back to top