Senior Software Engineer in Test
As a Senior Software Engineer working on test infrastructure for our ONESOURCE Tax Information Reporting product, you'll have the opportunity to accelerate the delivery and to improve the quality of the ONESOURCE product suite, the leading provider of tax and accounting software-based services to the Fortune 5000.
You will design and implement complex, multi-tier distributed infrastructure for UI, database and API testing, with an obsessive focus on using automation to drive frequent and rapid feedback loops. Your job is to accelerate product development by helping developers help themselves. You will focus on the challenging and interesting aspects of delivering high quality software.
- Design and implement advanced automated test suites using object-oriented methodologies.
- Implement and execute automation strategies on all supported platforms and languages to help improve overall quality and test code coverage.
- Define, implement, and maintain test plans, test specifications, and test suites. Participate in product feature and infrastructure engineering design reviews.
- Certify product feature releases through automation.
- Write front-end test harnesses.
- Use test methodologies, processes, and tools.
- Work in a self-directed and detail-oriented environment.
- Provide technical leadership, driving and performing best engineering practices to initiate, plan, and execute large-scale, cross functional, and company-wise critical programs.
- Identify, leverage, and successfully evangelize opportunities to improve engineering productivity.
- Work with the product and development management to identify, plan and estimate testing activities
- Advocate for Quality Assurance best practices across the entire SDLC, not just within the Testing / QA phase
- Implement technical solutions that addresses a quality obstacle for a given product or system.
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
- 5 years of relevant programming skills and software testing expereince
- Experience working with various technologies including distributed Internet technologies (C# .net, relational databases, XML, web services, etc.)
- Experience in developing UI automation scripts with Selenium WebDriver or QTP
- Web applications and RESTful services testing experience is required
- Strong experience in object oriented programming methodologies in C#, Java, C or similar coding language
- Experience in working in Continuous integration development environments and designing test suites that run on a scheduled timeframe to validate the daily builds.
- Strong SQL skills and ability to understand complex relation database models, and designing testing approach for database validations
- Strong technical background in testing and designing automation test frameworks
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills enabling comprehension of complex business and product issues
- Strong written & verbal communication skills;
- Flexible, proactive, quick learner, and possess strong team attitude
- Comfortable working in a fast paced, highly collaborative, dynamic work environment
- Passionate about new technology and perform technical evaluations.
- Demonstrated experience in the development of manual, automation, performance and mobile testing frameworks in an agile environment
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science or related technical discipline, or equivalent practical experience.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Prior software development experience in a multi-tier architecture is highly desirable
- Working within a geographically diverse team
- Strong understanding of web development technologies and concepts including AJAX, AngularJS, jQuery, REST API/WEB API, CSS.
- Experience in Performance testing using HP LoadRunner / Jmeter or any other performance testing tool
- Experience in leading teams and managing projects
Why is Thomson Reuters a great place for me to work?
Each of us brings a unique perspective to our work. That perspective is shaped by where we live, the business we advance, and the decisions we influence. But true impact isn't something any of us achieves alone. It's only possible when ideas connect and talents are shared. Together, the power of our perspectives will move the world. That's why you're being invited to Bring it.
What are Thomson Reuters core values?
Trust: We act with integrity and independence by holding ourselves and each other to be ethical and reliable in all we do.
Partnership: We work together, with each other, with our customers and with industry partners to deliver superior results and experiences.
Innovation: We innovate to serve our customers, drive our growth and win in dynamic business environments.
Performance: We deliver results, excelling at work that positively impacts the world.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Madlyn works with business leaders at Thomson Reuters to ensure all employees are engaged and operating as efficiently as possible in their respective positions.
Back to top