Senior Software Engineer
Senior Software Engineer - News Platform
Thomson Reuters is a global leader in providing essential information to the world's businesses and professionals in Law, Financial Services, Tax & Accounting, Media, Healthcare and Scientific Research. This is a position for a Senior Developer to work on editorial projects within the News Technology group. The Editorial Speed Tools team is developing software to enable journalists to rapidly publish content to our customer base.
The product represents a unique chance to work on a low latency platform while freeing journalists to spend more time adding value to our content. In addition, it represents the opportunity to participate in the full life cycle of creating the next phase of our class-leading software.
The candidate will need to interface with a variety of teams including operations, editorial, Quality Assurance and other product teams.
- Participating in project/work planning sessions with team members and Business Analysts to analyse requirements
- Developing and integrating applications per written specifications. May be responsible for writing design specifications
- Translating technical requirements into application code and modules
- Making modifications to existing applications and modules in accordance with written specifications
- Unit testing and working closely with Quality Assurance
- Taking part in code reviews, and reviewing the work of colleagues
- Support operational teams with system maintenance, such as upgrading, fall back, patching, etc.
- This support and maintenance may occasionally require the candidate to work outside normal business hours
- Work on a low latency platform and code/network optimization
- Support application trouble shooting in a production system
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
- Self-motivated, co-operative team player, ability to work in global environment
- Strong analysis and problem solving skills
- Ability to communicate effectively in both verbal and written English
- At least 3 years development experience in .Net 4.0/4.5, C# , WCF
- Experience with Multiple Threads, XML
- Expertise with Visual Studio 2013 and later
- Experience with SQL Server 2008 and later
- Experience with Agile development processes
- Experience with Performance tuning and refactoring
- Strong OOAD skills, expertise with design patterns
- Experience with Test Driven Development
- Experience with Web frontend technology: HTML5, JQuery, AngularJS, React, Vue
- Experience with programming in C , CLI
- Experience with Elastic Stack
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top