Senior Software Engineer
Thomson Reuters is a global leader in providing essential information to the world's businesses and professionals in Law, Financial Services, Tax & Accounting, Media, Healthcare and Scientific Research. With our deep expertise and understanding of these professions, we are able to offer our customers a broad range of innovative products and services. The relevant, insightful information and intuitive supporting systems we provide enable our customers to be successful. Thomson Reuters has operations in 93 countries around the globe. More information about Thomson Reuters and its financial performance can be found on www.ThomsonReuters.com.
Project Summary and Position Overview:
Thomson Reuters own PB level data with much higher value than industry average. Analysis on market pricing, patent, papers using modern technology (Machine Learning, Data Mining, Large Scale Batch, Financial product modeling and etc.) will find out extra premium from raw data, especially when we are going to put data from all business domains together.
The successful applicant will join a team developing real-time analytics infrastructure with big data technologies. The joiner will work with company specialist of technology globally.
- Responsible for real time analytics applications/systems design, development and support
- Deliver high quality software in line with committed schedule
- Translate and breakdown high level requirement to detailed design
- Write design specification and product function specification
- Provide on time support to production outages and recover service in expected time frame
- Work efficiently with team members and stakeholders around the globe
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
- Bachelor Degree (5 years work experiences) or higher in Computer Science or any related field. Master degree is preferred. (3 years work experiences)
- Experience with C/C or Java programming on Linux
- Experience in Spark (Other big data technology is a plus, e.g. Hadoop, HBase, Elastic Search and etc.)
- Experience with network and multi-thread programming
- Good understanding of software engineering and object-oriented design
- Excellent written and oral English communication skills and team work
- Experience in performance analysis/tuning is a plus
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Madlyn works with business leaders at Thomson Reuters to ensure all employees are engaged and operating as efficiently as possible in their respective positions.
Back to top