Senior Software Engineer
As part of the Public Records Content Delivery (PRCD) team, our software engineers are responsible for developing and ensuring the quality, reliability and availability of systems that provide data for Investigations & Public Records products. Working with our systems requires knowledge of Oracle databases (Warehouse and Data Mart concepts) as well as software development skills in, Java Junit, SQL, XML/XPath and RESTful Services. Senior Software Engineers in this organization participate with stakeholders in prioritizing and planning out iterations. Responsibilities can also include a mixture of development, testing, analysis, and contributions to configuration management.Testers and developers work side by side to verify new services, test performance and environment configurations, provide error reporting and assist in troubleshooting for applications.
Primary Responsibilities :
- Implement enhancements and fixes to existing software systems using Java, Oracle, SQL, PL/SQL and other scripting languages.
- Direct and execute development/testing for features that require analysis, planning, scheduling, working with various technologies, participating in requirements and design reviews, etc.
- Actively participate in the development and testing of features for assigned projects with little to no guidance.
- Provide guidance and technical assistance to less experienced team members and interns.
- Assist fellow software developers and testers with the analysis and resolution of defects found.
- Partner with software development teams and other stakeholder organizations to ensure their needs are being met and that our services are adding value.
- Proactively share knowledge and across all the software development and testing groups on best practices using new and emerging technologies
- Perform complex tasks that require specific expertise or domain knowledge.
- Create, review, and maintain technical documentation and the development of software.
- Analyze and tune the performance of database applications.
Minimum Qualifications :
- 4-year degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or similar area, or equivalent work experience.
- 3+ years of software development experience, including experience developing a complex, technical application.
- Experience with object-oriented analysis, design, and development. Programming experience in Java, Linux/UNIX, Oracle, SQL, XML/XSLT, or some other object-oriented language.
- Knowledge and/or experience with the software tools and techniques used in development.
- Basic understanding of layers that comprise application architectures.
- Ability to meet or exceed aggressive deadlines in uncertain environments, and delivering high quality results is a key selection criterion.
- Effective written and oral communication skills as well as strong interpersonal skills. Must be able to communicate effectively to a wide variety of audiences including software development teams, project managers and end-users.
Preferred or Desired Qualifications:
- Experience developing with SQL and/or Oracle database
- Experience and technical knowledge in the following areas: J2EE, or J2SE
- Experience with software automation tools (e.g., Selenium, JUnit, etc.)
- Experience working with Search and Retrieval applications
- Experience using JUnit and/or NUnit
- Experience in Object Oriented Analysis and Design
- Experience with Agile methodology, continuous integration, and/or Test Driven Development
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 25,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
We also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Eagan-Minnesota-United States of America
Back to top