Senior Software Engineer- C#.Net
As a Senior Software Engineer at Thomson Reuters, you will design, develop, and troubleshoot for Thomson Reuters Elite's next generation of software development platform and applications. These products are developed using state of the art technologies including Microsoft.NET, MS SQL Server and MS Azure. You will be involved in the entire software development lifecycle, working collaboratively with the team. You are empowered to try new approaches and learn new technologies.
Self Drive. You have experience in leading technical initiatives providing solid technical expertise. You contribute to all phases of development from requirements and planning to testing and delivery.
Passion. You are eager to learn new technologies, but also want to understand the business problems we are trying to solve. You are willing to question the status quo to find a more optimal solution to existing process.
Teamwork. You thrive in a positive, collaborative environment with your great communication skills. You believe in the value of iterating together towards a common goal.
- Interpret software requirements to design and implement software as defined by product manager and agile team.
- Translate software design into measurable task and time estimates. Track time against those tasks on a weekly basis
- Seek innovative solutions to problems and make recommendations for implementations.
- Provides technical mentorship, coaching and training to junior members
- Identify areas of improvement, deliver full-cycle implementations.
- Work closely with the team to ensure that all product development is produced according to product requirements.
- 5+ years' experience of software development for complex business applications using .Net C#
- Experience using Azure Platforms, specifically Service Fabric, Azure Service Bus, Azure Key Vault, Azure SQL
- Experience in Windows Communication Framework (WCF)
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience with release management and DevOps pipeline, managing CI, branches, build and release processes
- Experience with TFS, GIT
- Experience using XML, XSLT, Saxon, JSON and related technologies.
- Experience in working with MS SQL Server, Windows Workflow Foundation
- Four-year college diploma or university degree in information technology, computer science, or similar, and/or equivalent work experience.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 25,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
We also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Back to top