Senior Software Engineer - C#.Net
As a member of Thomson Reuters' ONESOURCE Platform Technology team, you will work with your team members to help extend our market leading platform of corporate tax software solutions and services for global businesses.
Within our agile team, you will be the liaison between business stakeholders and development. You will be responsible for eliciting, analyzing, communicating, validating requirements with the Product Owner and translating those requirements into User Stories for the Development team as part of the development of new features and enhancing the infrastructure of the ONESOURCE Platform. You will be involved in the entire software development lifecycle, working collaborative with the team. You are empowered to try new approaches and learn new technologies. Your work will benefit customers who use the numerous critical tax products provided by Thomson Reuters.
Self Drive . You have experience in leading technical initiatives providing solid technical expertise. You contribute to all phases of development from requirements and planning to testing and delivery.
Passion . You are eager to learn new technologies, but also want to understand the business problems we are trying to solve. You are willing to question the status quo to find a more optimal solution to existing process.
Teamwork . You thrive in a positive, collaborative environment with your great communication skills. You believe in the value of iterating together towards a common goal.
- Work with product managers to develop new software features & provide support
- Define business rules in software based on market requirements
- Provide assistance on ambiguities related to functional specifications
- Work with appropriate parties to understand business priorities & work with architect team to advise on solution options & risks associated with requested efforts
- Facilitate implementation of new functionality through training sessions, demos, & development of appropriate documentation
- Assist Quality Assurance team to ensure that requirements documentation can be translated into test plans
- Work with BA/QA to drive development and ensure business scenarios comply with market expectations
Tech Skills. You are interested in developing holistic full-stack solutions comprising all the layers between the backend and frontend. You are driven in learning and applying best practices for development and deployment in a microservice environment. You possess the following fundamental technology skills:
- 4 years of experience with a web services framework, preferably .NET C#
- 4 years of experience with a front-end framework, preferably Angular
- 4 years of experience with Agile development methodologies, preferably Scrum
- Software engineering background, preferably a Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent) in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related technical field
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 25,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Back to top