Senior Software Engineer - Cloud Development
Are you passionate about using cloud technologies, open-source, and love working with and developing the latest technologies in a dynamic environment? Do you have a burning desire to move fast and be bold? Then we want you on our team!
As part of the Cloud Center of Excellence team, you will be part of a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, energetic, and high performing team at the heart of the Thomson Reuters transformation to developing cloud native applications and services. This group is nimble and creative and will shape our technology roadmap. This role will be instrumental to enabling the current and future world of cloud computing at Thomson Reuters. You will be challenged with identifying innovative ideas and proof of concepts to delivery against existing and future needs of our customers.
Your role will include working with the following technologies:
- AWS and Azure cloud providers and related services
- SaaS (Software as a Service), PaaS (Platform as a Service) or IaaS (Infrastructure as a Service) solutions
- Database technologies including SQL and NoSQL
- Discrete micro services with simple repeatable cloud native architectural patterns
- Continuous delivery tools such as AWS Code Services, VSTS, Git, Bash scripts, Jenkins, Jenkins DSL, Spinnaker and Gradle
- Infrastructure automation tools such as Ansible, Puppet, Packer, Chef, AWS CloudFormation, Powershell, Azure Resource Tools
- Programming languages such as Java, .NET
- Java, .NET, and related open source libraries
- Scripting languages such as Python
- Security best practices for cloud
- Serverless technologies such as AWS Lambda or Azure Functions
- Container technologies such as Docker, AWS ECS, Azure Container Service or Kubernetes
- Cloud native libraries such as Netflix OSS.
- Test automation frameworks
- Collaborate with technologists across the company to build cloud native applications
- Approaching work with a DevOps and continuous improvement mindset
- Ensure consistency with cloud architectural guiding principles for assigned projects
- Keep up-to-date with emerging cloud technology trends – open source and cloud vendors such as AWS and Azure
- Work in a highly collaborative and dynamic agile team environment with multiple levels of technology staff across various geographical locations
- Apply principles of trust, transparency, accountability and ownership
- Bachelor's degree in related technology program preferred
- Minimum of 4 years software engineering experience
- 2 years of relevant cloud experience
- Building cloud native applications and services following cloud native architecture methodologies running in the public cloud
- Front end: Go, Angular, React, Vue, or any modern JS front end framework
- Back end: Go, Node.js, Ruby, Elixir, or similar frameworks
- Java or .NET experience including open source libraries
- Scripting languages such as Python, Perl or UNIX/Shell
- Previous experience working in Windows and *Nix environments including writing scripts
- SQL and NoSQL Databases
- Demonstrated ability to learn new technologies quickly and solve complex problems independently
- Excellent communication skills
Why is Thomson Reutersa great place for me to work?
Each of us brings a unique perspective to our work. That perspective is shaped by where we live, the business we advance, and the decisions we influence. But true impact isn't something any of us achieves alone. It's only possible when ideas connect and talents are shared. Together, the power of our perspectives will move the world. That's why you're being invited to Bring it.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 60,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit careers.thomsonreuters.com.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top