Senior Software Engineer
This real time C/C Developer role is to define, develop, test, analyze, and maintain the real-time applications against defined interfaces. This includes developing code, testing, and analyzing technical objects within the application in support of the business function. The developer will also research, design, build, and document reusable and reliable C code against software specifications throughout the production life cycle.
The projects are technically challenging in an environment that is very engaging. Projects will utilize a multitude of different languages and skill sets with a focus on C and scripting languages. Projects center around both the Linux and Windows operating systems, with a heavy focus on Linux. The strongest employees are typically known as problem solvers; individuals that take full ownership of problems and drive them through to completion. Learning is also an important aspect of every member of the team, and continued learning is strongly encouraged and supported.
- Implement performance and tuning modules for high throughput and reliability
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs in codes and devise solutions to these problems
- Maintain code quality, code design and re-factor to gain the best performance
- Ensure code quality with peer code reviews, provide constructive feedback
- Develop automated tests
- Coordinate work efforts with the QA and Operations teams for application change controls and identify system performance issues
- Analyze key performance indicators, liaise with Operations, cross function application teams to identify bottleneck and make improvements
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
- 5 years of full life-cycle software development experience
- 3 years of object oriented development, in particular C
- Superb communication skills (written and oral)
- Ability to collaborate in a team focused environment
- Excellent analytical skills and a real passion for solving problems.
- Ability to thoroughly test and debug code using test driven development
- Ability to suggest/research new technologies, and quickly adapt to change
- Ability to work with both Technical Architects and Product Owners in order to build to specification
- Object oriented design
- Experience developing on Linux
- Exposure to Agile methodologies
- Experience with automated testing
- Experience of any integration with Oracle/SQL databases experience
- Knowledge of scripting languages Python, Unix or Powershell shell scripts desirable
- Experience with real-time programming
- Adept at software design
- Experience with debugging multi-threaded applications
- Knowledge of/experience with design patterns
- Real passion for continued learning and development
- Understanding of financial markets, market data
- Low Latency financial market data systems
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top