Senior Software Engineer - Apps Framework Development
The Eikon library and the new App Metadata store backend are used daily by 100 000+ traders. The backend contains the list of Eikon Apps. It provides ability to target individual or groups of users, locations and companies with a specific version of the App definition. It is now being re-implemented natively on AWS. The team owns the full stack: from an HTML client to its REST web services and databases counterpart.
The Eikon App Studio is the framework, SDK and APIs used by 3rd Party partners to develop Web Applications in Eikon, that customers will then be able to purchase for their own use.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT AREN'T LIMITED TO:
- Designing, Estimating, Developing and Delivery of features and infrastructures changes
- Participation in the overall framework design
- Leading and mentoring more junior team members
- Working in an iterative and incremental environment
- Maintaining existing systems, proactive monitoring and suggesting necessary changes to ensure good customer experience
- Interacting with BI and the team to demonstrate and clarify requirements
- Ensure good practices such as CI/CD and automated testing
- Accountable for quality of deliveries
- Collaborate with other Eikon development teams to deliver Eikon workflows that sometimes span across the full framework team
- Help the overall Eikon team to move to AWS, and on Electron.js on client side
- Minimum 5 years of experience in REST API development
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Front End development
- Bachelor Degree or higher in Computer Science, or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated experience with Document Databases and Relational Databases
- Development experience on AWS or Azure
- Maintenance of widely used Applications and/or web services.
- Scalability and performance oriented
The ideal candidate will be competent in the following areas:
- Web services development: C#, Java or NodeJs. (dotnetcore, dotnetstandard preferred)
- Knowledge in Document DB (DynamoDB, MongodB) and relational DB (Oracle) is a plus
- CI/CD, Automated testing and other
- Good communication skills, ability to work remotely with BI teams (London), with other team members and others development teams (Belarus, Paris, Bangkok)
- Ability to collaborate successfully across geography boundaries, time-zones, cultural differences, etc.
- Demonstrate multitasking skills in a fast-paced environment
- Innovative and looking to industry standards and trends
- Ability to self-motivate and hold enthusiasm to see tasks through to completion
The Financial and Risk Business of Thomson Reuters is now Refinitiv. Refinitiv equips the financial community with access to an open platform that uncovers opportunity and catalyzes change. With a dynamic combination of data, insights, technology, and news from Reuters, our customers can access solutions for every challenge, including a breadth of applications, tools, and content-all supported by human expertise. At Refinitiv, we facilitate the connections that propel people and organizations to find new possibilities to move forward.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. Therefore we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world-regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Refinitiv is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
New York-New York-United States of America
Back to top