Senior Software Engineer
Product or Service:
MatterSphere and MatterSphere Client Portal
An exciting opportunity exists for an experienced Microsoft .Net Software Developer to work on all aspects of software solutions used by multiple teams within the Thomson Reuters Elite, Legal division.
The successful candidate will join an agile development team using the latest Microsoft tools and technologies to provide solutions to the legal Industry.
Based within the Toronto Technology Center office you will be working with the teams predominantly in Northampton and Belarus delivering desktop and client portal solutions.
The successful applicant will be working within an Agile team located locally and in remote locations following a scrum based methodology.
- Write new, or make modifications to, existing software, or integrate software applications and modules in accordance with agreed upon specifications provided by architects and product managers
- Create and execute unit testing and integration testing ensuring modules meet the specified requirements
- Contributes to the creation and design of new software components
- Provide technical support to operations and other development teams
- Creates and maintains all required technical documentation / manual related to assigned components to ensure supportability
- Reviews work of peers and more junior developers
- Participates in project planning sessions with team members to analyse development requirements, provide design options, and provide work breakdown and estimates of work
- May work on small, minimally complex, projects or a particular component within larger projects that requires a singular area of expertise
- Provide status updates for own scope of work within projects
- Participate in internal team and status meetings
- Develop software using disciplined software development processes, adhering to team/company standards and software best practice guidelines, and corporate policies
- Is able to take the lead development role on projects if necessary
- Working alongside developers on-site and in remote locations and also with the architects and product managers on the analysis, design and delivery of new features
- Attend occasional customer meetings when necessary and interface with partners
Essential Skills/Experience Required:
- Above all you must be passionate about working within the Microsoft technology space
- Experience with the C#.Net programming language & software engineering methodologies
- General understanding of software development quality processes and unit testing
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Good problem-solving capabilities
- Regularly communicates and shares knowledge with the team, including upward communication of work status e.g. to delivery managers
- Able to work independently or as part of a team, completing varied work assignments and collaborating with others as required
Desired Skills/Experience Required:
- Microsoft Visual Studio
- Microsoft Team Foundation Server
- Microsoft SQL Server & Writing TSQL
- Microsoft Office Development
- IIS Configuration
Education/ Certifications: (Specific degrees and/or certifications (denote required or preferred))
- Computer Science Degree or equivalent experience
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Software Engineer, Centre of Cognitive Computing
Lisa works with other engineers to develop products that are powered by artificial intelligence and capable of machine learning. She also conducts research to identify new uses for existing company data.
Back to top