Senior Software Engineer
Thomson Reuters Finance & Risk is looking to add a Senior Software Engineer to our new Platform Core Services team at our new Technology Centre in Toronto, Ontario. Toronto is an ideal location for us to deliver on our transformation vision. It is one of the top three largest technology environments in North America. It has a rich mix of emerging and mature technology employers, a growing fintech community, and a robust pipeline of development graduates and experienced technologists. Our plan is to create around 1,500 technology and operations jobs in the coming few years, starting with an initial tranche of 400 roles at the new Centre.
This role is based in Toronto and reports into the F&R Technology organization. The role will focus on creating a scalable and robust solution to help migrate key Platform Components, to public cloud. The goal is to help improve and add to our suite of self-service tools and infrastructure allowing development teams to develop, deploy and monitor HTML applications and web services. The solution must be a highly scalable platform capable of handling millions of requests and hundreds of applications and services.
- Effectively use modern development methodologies, including build and test methodologies, and agile processes to efficiently deliver high-quality projects.
- Develop comprehensive design documents about the AAA platform to educate the development team and the wider organization.
- Effectively communicate with and support the teams that use AAA to educate about best practices and other relevant information about the services.
- Support production AAA deployments through proactive monitoring and partnering with the Operations team to prevent service interruptions and maintain a high level of service quality for our customers.
- Collaborate closely with other groups in Thomson Reuters to understand their requirements of the AAA platform.
- Maintain an understanding of industry trends and use this knowledge to bring new innovative ideas to the AAA platform.
Education & Experience:
- Minimum Bachelor Degree or higher in Computer Science or related area
- 2 years of relevant experience
- Experience in developing systems involving client side code, web services and databases.
- Some experience with designing, developing, debugging, optimizing and managing complex highly reliable and scalable production systems.
- Familiarity with concepts and techniques to efficiently scale web services in production environments.
- Familiarity with identity access management concepts and systems.
- Experience with modern development methodologies, including agile, continuous build and unit testing processes.
- Strong passion for technology and a willingness to learn and apply new skills.
- Self-motivated and self-directed with an ability to translate high-level direction into solutions and development projects.
- Ability to work effectively in a globally distributed team and multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with a programming language in the context of web development, such as C# or Java.
- Experience with or knowledge of public cloud service providers, such as Amazon Web Services and Microsoft Azure
- Experience with public cloud service providers.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top