Senior Software Engineer
Job Title: Senior Software Engineer (Eagan, MN)
Job Duties: Work as part of cross-functional team that is responsible for development and maintenance of the Thomson Reuters Identity system leveraging the ForgeRock identity management software. Duties Include:
1. Write new software, make modifications to existing software, and integrate software applications and modules as part of an agile software development process.
2. Write well-designed, well-constructed, and well-tested code.
3. Participate in project planning sessions with team members to analyze development requirements, provide design options, and provide work breakdown and estimates of work.
4. Provide status updates for own scope of work within projects.
5. Participate in internal team and status meetings.
6. Research and recommend enhancements and new features, working closely with development leads.
7. Analyze to find any root causes and provide technical support and resolution for customer-related issues.
8. Provide creative and elegant solutions to complex problems.
9. Prepare technical specifications and documentation.
10. Participate in software releases.
Position Requirements: Bachelor's degree (or foreign equivalent) in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or a related technical field plus 5 years' experience as a Technology Analyst, Software Developer, or other similar role. Experience, which may be gained concurrently, must include the following:
1) 5 years of experience developing in Java, J2EE and Spring Framework
2) 5 years of experience developing REST web services
3) 5 years of experience with database development using SQL
4) 1 year experience with Unix/Linux creating, analyzing and reviewing shell scripts that aid in deployment/file systems analysis
6) 1 year of experience with Tomcat and Apache servers with creating and maintaining server configurations
7) 1 year of experience with Identity and Access Management (IAM) related technologies, including any of the following: LDAP, SAML, OAuth, OpenID Connect, SSO, or WS-Trust
Employer: Thomson Reuters (Markets) LLC
Job Site: 610 Opperman Dr., Eagan, MN 55123
JOB OPPORTUNITY QUALIFIES FOR EMPLOYEE INCENTIVE REFERRAL PROGRAM.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Eagan-Minnesota-United States of America
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Software Engineer, Centre of Cognitive Computing
Lisa works with other engineers to develop products that are powered by artificial intelligence and capable of machine learning. She also conducts research to identify new uses for existing company data.
Back to top