Senior Software Engineer
The Thomson Reuters Enterprise Platform integrates, distributes, and adds value to information from and about the markets. This includes real-time and historical prices from data vendors, exchanges, and brokers; real-time and historical news from the press, the web and internal analysts; as well as internal calculations and other forms of proprietary information used to support crucial decisions.
We are seeking a highly motivated Developer to extend and support our industry-leading Enterprise platform.
- Design of software modules; implementation in C , unit testing, integration testing, performance testing
- Participates in code/design reviews
- Contributes toward product and internal documentation – technical specifications, software documentation and unit test plans
- Assists in resolution of field problems as needed
- Partners with Quality Assurance to ensure high quality deliverables, write Robot framework test cases using Python based key words
- Handle multiple, complex technical projects and have the flexibility to work in a very dynamic environment
Thomson Reuters is the leading source of intelligent information for the world's businesses and professionals, providing customers with competitive advantage. Intelligent information is a unique synthesis of human intelligence, industry expertise and innovative technology that provides decision-makers with the knowledge to act, enabling them to make better decisions faster. We deliver this must-have insight to the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, intellectual property and science and media markets, powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
- 3 years of computer software development experience
- Experience developing in C , C#, and/or other Object Oriented programming languages, in a multi-threaded environment
- Knowledge and experience in real time C/C programming skills, strong UNIX operating System skills (Linux) preferred
- Familiarity with network programming (e.g., sockets, TCP/IP, UDP, multicast)
- Solid, experience with Solaris, and Linux operating systems, including Shell scripting, Perl, Python and basic system administration
- Strong, demonstrated analytical troubleshooting skills
- Strong written & verbal communication skills
- Market data industry experiences a strong plus; experience with RMDS/TREP products a strong plus; experience with Microsoft Windows a plus; experience with Jenkins continuous integration a plus
- Bachelors degree in CS, Engineering or related, or equivalent work experience
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Madlyn works with business leaders at Thomson Reuters to ensure all employees are engaged and operating as efficiently as possible in their respective positions.
Back to top