Senior Software Engineer
Thomson Reuters Finance & Risk is looking toadd a Sr. SoftwareEngineer to our new World-Check One team at our new Technology Center in Toronto, Ontario. We haverecently announced the expansion of our Canadian operations with the creationof a new technology center in downtown Toronto, Ontario. Toronto is home to anemerging ecosystem of world-class technology talent and the new TechnologyCenter will be the preeminent hub of innovation. Our plan is to createaround 1,500 technology and operations jobs in the coming few years, startingwith an initial tranche of 400 roles at the new Center.
This challenging position requires someone tothink independently, but still work well with others. This is a chance to getin and make an immediate impact. It is an opportunity to work for a greatcompany with smart people on a large and successful system that is usedworldwide. With the considerable client uptake, the platform is alreadyreaching its original design limits and migration to the Cloud, specificallyAWS, to provide a high scalability solution is high on the agenda for thisyear. Experience in this area is highly desirable.
The Sr.Software Engineer should have the ability todeliver high quality work on time in a high-energy environment whilecollaborating and brainstorming with other developers in a dynamic teamenvironment. A combination of strong planning, organization, timemanagement skills, and the ability to handle multiple projects are key. The Sr. Software Engineer will alsocontribute to the maintenance and support of production systems as necessary.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technicaldiscipline is required.
- Expert design skills including significant knowledge of corelibraries and common design patterns
- 1 to 2 years of leadership skills with a track record ofmentoring, settting technical goals, and delegating tasks
- Strong attention to detail and ability to prioritize workeffectively
- Ability for writing clean code that is easy to understand
- Solid experience using OO and JEE design patterns and softwaredevelopment methodologies
- Able to work independently with minimal direction and guidance toachieve goals
- Experience using Agile Methodologies
- Customer first approach to software development
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (ability tocommunicate effectively with technical staff, Business Analysts, management,and business team members)
- Server side programming technologies including Spring
- Managing code and changes in a team environment to includeexperience with source control utilities, such as Git
- Strong troubleshooting and debugging experience
- Comfortable doing small-scale design in addition to hands-ondevelopment
- Working and interacting with a geographically and culturallydiverse team
- Mentoring junior developers
- Web technologies a plus, to include: AngularJS, CSS and HTML 5
- Experience with XML processing and transformations (XPath, XSLT,etc.)
- Other experience a plus, to include: Tomcat, Hibernate/JPA, UML,React, .NET
Why is Thomson Reuters a greatplace for me to work?
Eachof us brings a unique perspective to our work. That perspective is shaped bywhere we live, the business we advance, and the decisions we influence. Buttrue impact isn't something any of us achieves alone. It's only possible whenideas connect and talents are shared. Together, the power of our perspectiveswill move the world. That's why you're being invited to bring it.
Whatare Thomson Reuters core values?
Trust: We act with integrity and independence by holding ourselves andeach other to be ethical and reliable in all we do.
Partnership: We work together, with each other, with our customers and withindustry partners to deliver superior results and experiences.
Innovation: We innovate to serve our customers, drive our growth and win indynamic business environments.
Performance: We deliver results, excelling at work that positively impacts theworld.
AtThomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about ourwork, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As ateam, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, anddeveloping through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 60,000employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries andrealize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making thishappen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be acatalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver onour goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees inall our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender,including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion,sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteranstatus, or any other protected classification under country or local law.Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/AffirmativeAction Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intriguedby a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Madlyn works with business leaders at Thomson Reuters to ensure all employees are engaged and operating as efficiently as possible in their respective positions.
Back to top