Senior Software Engineer
RoleSummary:(Overall objectives for theposition; what you want the person to accomplish in the job)
Brand:(Please select one of the below selectone of the below brands to be included in the job description)
ONESOURCE(formerly Abacus) is designed to provide tax software solutions formultinational corporations and Accounting professionals. ONESOURCE solutionscover a broad range of taxes including Direct Tax Compliance and reporting,Indirect Tax determination and Compliance, Tax Planning and WorkflowManagement. (www.onesource.thomsonreuters.com/regions/emea)
MajorResponsibilities / Accountabilities: (Specific day-to-day responsibilities andmilestones needed to achieve the objectives)
- Maintenance of ONESOURCE Corporate and Indirect Tax using C#,and MS SQL Server.
- Actively participate in software design and development reviewmeetings.
- Responsible for ensuring design and development methodologies arefollowed.
- Raise potential technical issues and suggested fixes in a timelyfashion.
- Supply time estimates on allocated tasks and provide timely updates ontask
KeyRelationships: (Those key individuals they will work with internally andexternally)
- Liaise with the Product and Development Managers to deliversoftware solutions that meet with business requirements. This will include:requirements gathering, analysis, design and coding in Microsoft technologies.
- Work closely with the QA and test teams to ensure any identified bugsare rectified in a timely fashion.
- Provide technical assistance to the customer support team and fromtime-to-time the customer.
Technical/Professional Skills & Competencies:
- Strong development experience in Microsoft windows application developmentenvironment utilising a formalised software development life cycle approach
- Strong experience in C# with good working knowledge in .NET Framework
- Proven experience using formal software engineering tools andmethodologies, including design, development and testing.
- Good experience in Microsoft SQL Server 2005 onwards
- Good experience in WCF / web services
- Excellent verbal, written, time management and organisational skills
- Ability to multi-task and establish priorities
- Strong estimating and risk assessment skills
- Must be detail oriented, a self-starter and a strong team player
(Must have a minimum of 2)
- Working experience with Agile development methodologies.
- Working experience with COM.
- Working experience with RESTful services.
- Working experience with Entity Framework.
- Working experience with XML technologies.
- Working experience with web-based application development.
- Working experience with virtual teams
Education/Certifications: (Specific degrees and/or certifications required or preferred)
- Bachelor's degree in computing/technology/science/maths-relateddiscipline (2:1 or above)
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top