Senior Software Engineer
Thomson Reuters is looking for an experienced Senior Software Engineer to join our core legal technologies product development team in the MSP metro area. We are looking for an individual that wants to be part of a highly dynamic team supporting an award winning, next generation, e-Discovery SaaS application. You'll be part of a tight-knit, supportive, creative, collaborative community where we're all passionate about building great user experiences, learning new skills and techniques, and doing the right thing.
Successful candidates will typically have strong analytical and organizational skills, the ability to work within tight deadlines from clients, excellent troubleshooting and investigation skills, a technical background to bridge the gap between our core feature development teams and the end user, and a team first spirit. Large-scale systems experience is highly desirable.
- Learn and fully understand the technical implementation of e-Discovery Point from both an end-user and developer perspective.
- Lead escalations and other client relationship management initiatives at a hands-on level.
- Remain aware of new product developments within eDP and provide tactical direction to our business on recommendations to overcome support and customer service challenges.
- Triage/Review support issues in the tracking system and take appropriate action to lead resolution to issues. Ensure that all tickets are updated with information in a timely manner.
- Participate in the monthly Production release checkout process. This includes the prep meetings required to outline the monthly plan, break fix verification, new feature rollout and hotfix application.
- Maintain a flexible schedule in accordance with the needs of the client support role. Occasional after hours and weekend work to drive items to closure.
- Participate in established support off-hours coverage via on call model.
- Maintain a mindset of continuous improvement focused on the customer experience, ensuring high customer satisfaction and retention.
- Follow up with PS, CTS, AMS, and ECM resources to ensure issue resolution and customers satisfaction.
- Collaborate with Feature Team Coaches to integrate support items back into the main development work stream.
- Work with the team Lead to develop and implement new processes that will drive efficiencies and elevate standards in our fast growth, high demand customer centric environment.
- Work with the team Lead to ensure that high quality, up to date, documentation on support solutions is created and maintained.
- Work with the team Lead on the creation of regular status reports to leadership and other project stakeholders as required.
- Meet or exceed established scorecard metrics including but not limited to response time, resolution time, closure time, and client satisfaction.
- Perform root cause analysis and implement solutions to prevent recurring issues, inquiries and requests within the support team and with the Feature Teams.
- Contribute in all aspects of an Agile software development process including: design, programming, testing, documentation, quality assurance and implementation.
- Hands on working knowledge of the electronic document review process, data processing and productions.
- 2 years experience working in the e-Discovery market in a technical position.
- 3 years in a software developer role with SaaS based enterprise applications or equivalent.
- 2 years experience with Oracle DBMS.
- Previous experinece working in Agile/Scrum development methodologies.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Excellent troubleshooting and investigation skills.
- The ability to mobilze resources toward the resolution of complex problems with little oversight.
- An energetic, self-starter, who is comfortable in a team-oriented environment including the ability to clearly articulate daily individual accomplishments and blocking issues.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or equivalent
- Experience with Agile software development practices
- Demonstrated ability to translate business requirements into technical designs
- Proven working experience in enterprise technical support at the developer level
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Madlyn works with business leaders at Thomson Reuters to ensure all employees are engaged and operating as efficiently as possible in their respective positions.
Back to top