Senior Software Engineer
Thomson Reuters is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join its development team. Ideal candidate must have proven web application development experience in an Agile SDLC environment using object oriented analysis and design methodologies, as well as a deep technical background in AngularJS and .NET best practices. You will be working in a fast-paced environment, where we iterate quickly and work with cutting edge technologies. This is an exciting opportunity for developers who are passionate about technology and innovation and possess strong analytical and technical design skills.
- BS degree or higher in Computer Science (or equivalent experience)
- 7 years Software Development/Engineering experience with C# and .NET Framework
- Expert with ASP.NET Web API
- Experience developing front-ends using modern frameworks such as AngularJS
- Strong Oracle or PostgreSQL development experience
- 7 years of experience with Object Oriented Programming (OOP) techniques, Analysis and Design
- Experience with Object Relation Mapping (ORM) tools such as Entity Framework or NHibernate
- Strong experience with dependency injection frameworks such as Castle Windsor, StructureMap, etc.
- Experience working with applications utilizing a NoSQL backend is a huge plus
- Strong skills in the areas of unit testing, performance analysis and debugging
- Understands the short term and long-term impact of decisions within the broader scope, especially with respect to technical matters
- Knowledge of Design Patterns, Agile software development methodologies, Extreme Programming including Paired Programming
- Good communication/collaborative skills and a committed team player
- Experience building and deploying applications in AWS is a big plus
- Experience using Message Queueing systems such as SQS or RabbitMQ is a plus
- Demonstrated ability to work with Business Analysts in order to gather and clarify requirements
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Madlyn works with business leaders at Thomson Reuters to ensure all employees are engaged and operating as efficiently as possible in their respective positions.
Back to top