Senior Software Engineer
Thomson Reuters is the Answer Company™. We provide authoritative content, advanced technologies and human expertise to help our customers find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
The Corporates Legal group is looking to add a Senior Software Engineer to the team at our new Technology Centre in Toronto, Ontario, conveniently located within walking distance of Union Station. Our plan is to create around 1,500 technology and operations jobs in the coming years.
Reporting into the Development Manager, the purpose of this role is to build and drive a high-quality standard for design and development of product and/or platform components while also leading technical engagement and strategic direction.
Legal Tracker is an industry leading corporate legal solution with focus in matter management, e-billing and analytics. As a SaaS offering, this product caters to over 1300 corporate legal departments in North America to streamline operations, control spend and get complete visibility into the legal landscape.
Responsibilities include but aren't limited to:
- Effective use of modern development methodologies, build and test automation, and agile processes to deliver high quality, innovative solutions
- Provide technical guidance to the team, ensuring design and architecture are aligned with the global platform strategy
- Develop and deliver features and architectural updates
- Ensure performance KPI metrics are maintained while building to scale
- Own and be accountable for end-to-end deliveries
- Support production deployments via CI/CD/CT/CM to prevent service interruptions and maintain a high level of service quality for our customers
- Communicate both written (documentation) and verbal (knowledge sharing sessions) effectively to help educate and drive technical strategy with team
- Act as a mentor to junior engineers and interns to sustain a high level of development standards
- Minimum 5 years in a technical development role with strong C# knowledge working with .NET framework
- Experience with Azure cloud platform services or similar platforms such as AWS/Google Cloud
- Integration with SQL Server having focus on query performance
- Design, development and scaling of REST/SOAP API
- Developed multi-tenant systems, preferably in a cloud environment
- Strong passion for technology and a willingness to learn and apply new skills
- Expert design skills with significant knowledge of core libraries and common design patterns
- Customer first approach to software development
- Strong focus on system performance, scalability with the ability to troubleshoot in large and complex software systems
- Preferable to have hands-on experience with security vulnerability scanning tools (Qualys, Veracode)
- Minimum Bachelor Degree or higher in Computer Science or Computer/Software Engineering
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 25,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
We also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Lisa B.Software Engineer, Centre of Cognitive Computing
Lisa works with other engineers to develop products that are powered by artificial intelligence and capable of machine learning. She also conducts research to identify new uses for existing company data.
Back to top