Senior Software Engineer
As part of the Court Management Solutions (CMS) team, our development department is responsible for all code development, scale and performance testing of our Court Management Solutions products. These technology solutions enable our appellate and trial court customers to be more effective and efficient in managing their complex workflows as well as providing interfaces with other Justice Partners. The CMS Dev group works closely with our Quality Engineering & Development (QED) group to verify new features and services, test performance and environment configurations and assist in troubleshooting for applications. Experience in agile processes and continuous integration is beneficial.
- Implement OO designs using Design Patterns in presentation and business tiers
- Follow and promote quality and test-driven development
- Develop software that operates within a scalable distributed multi-tiered system
- Collaborate with architects, leads and team members on design decisions for web application requirements
- Create Technical Design Documents and create JIRA issues for inclusion in sprint assignments
- Mentor less senior personnel as needed
- Use agile techniques to identify requirements, acceptance criteria and designs
- Effectively balance and prioritize multiple projects concurrently
- Provide technical oversight while writing new software or integrating software applications
- Assist in identification and implementation of short-term and long-term solution options, including risk assessments, and recommendations to business and technology leadership
- Assist in defining and analysing requirements and contribute towards design options
- Provide work breakdown and estimates of work
- Improve the quality of development in the organizations and promote best development practices
- Organized and detailed oriented with strong technical problem-solving skills
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent required, computer science degree preferred
- 3+ years of software development experience in Java technologies in a complex technical application using Object Orientated (OO) design patterns in presentation and business tiers.
- Ability to excel within a fast-paced Agile environment (user stories, work break down and estimations, iterative development, continuous integration, shared ownership, and test-driven development)
- Experience with MS SQL Server and Oracle databases
- Experience in build automation tools such as Jenkins, Maven, GIT technologies, etc..
- Ability to meet or exceed aggressive deadlines in uncertain environments, and delivering high quality results is a key selection criterion.
- Understanding short and long-term impact of technical decisions within the broader scope
- Effective written and oral communication skills as well as strong interpersonal skills. Must be able to communicate effectively to a wide variety of audiences including software development teams, business stakeholders, business operational support team, project managers and end-users.
Preferred or Desired Qualifications:
- Experience with Elastic Search technology highly desired.
- Thorough understanding of build-time dependency management, unit testing and code-coverage.
- Knowledge of source control management including code branching and merging strategies.
- Familiar with enterprise-class databases.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Software Engineer, Centre of Cognitive Computing
Lisa works with other engineers to develop products that are powered by artificial intelligence and capable of machine learning. She also conducts research to identify new uses for existing company data.
Back to top