Senior Software Engineer
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
The Online and Search Platform organization within Thomson Reuters is responsible for developing and supporting shared platforms of online and content services that are leveraged by numerous products across all of Thomson Reuters. This makes it possible for Thomson Reuters to deliver data to our customers via mobile, online, and print platforms.
In this role, you will have a DevOps focus to assist the adoption and integration of the TRAMS software suite within various Thomson Reuters business units as well as participate in the build and administration of Elastic Search clusters. This team works closely with the Architecture teams, Platform support teams and the Data Center to develop and support standardized application management solutions for use across the entire company. This is a senior software engineer role which will focus on the customer collaboration and hands-on integration work alongside our customers at a software level.
Ideal Candidate will be:
- Keen to learn and apply new technologies.
- Experienced in Java development and enterprise application operations.
- A self learner, self driven and able to operate with minimal supervision to deliver results.
- Effective communicator at a business and technical level.
- Adept at understanding customer needs and a proven history of designing solutions to solve business problems.
- Partner with PGO Operations and Platform Capability team to educate customers on the capabilities of the TRAMS software suite to meet their business needs.
- Consult with customers to identify necessary software changes to integrate within the TRAMS application suite.
- Produce and maintain necessary documentation to educate customers on TRAMS capabilities.
- Partner with support and Integration teams to transition support of customer applications leveraging TRAMS software suite if desired.
- Work to resolve unique customer needs with Platform Engineering for TRAMS adoption within their products.
- Partner with DCO, Platform Engineering and Architecture to address any TRAMS limitations in our remote Data Centers.
- Build strong relationships with stakeholders and customers to encourage adoption of TRAMS offerings.
- Troubleshoot and resolve with our customer issues during setup and adoption of TRAMS services.
- Participate in the build and maintenance of Elastic Search (ES) clusters.
- Investigate and suggest operational support aspects of ES in the cloud.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- 3 years Java software development experience.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- 2 years operations experience supporting enterprise applications.
- Demonstrated understanding of Linux, Tomcat and Oracle database technologies
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Madlyn works with business leaders at Thomson Reuters to ensure all employees are engaged and operating as efficiently as possible in their respective positions.
Back to top